Wednesday, October 03, 2012

BRUM DINE WITH ME


I haven’t read the article, but apparently in January 2012, the New York Times declared Birmingham to be the 19th most desirable place in the world to visit this year following it’s selection by the BBc’s food magazine as the UK’s food capital! I was well impressed because even though Birmingham is England’s second city, we rarely get a mention, apart from when Yohan Blake and Usain Bolt won their events at the 2012 London Olympics -  thanks guys, I think you put Brum on the map!

Well, I found out that Birmingham was hosting an event called Brum Dine With Me, which grabbed my attention because I am a bit of fan of Come Dine With Me. Brum Dine With Me was an event organised by University of Birmingham in collaboration with Birmingham City Council, Brindleyplace and the Mac. The aim was to promote health in the local community by holding various activities on Friday 28 September including giant art exhibits showing what the city ate for lunch, demonstrations of how we are redesigning food to be more healthy, theatre shows and interpretive dance explaining the latest research, and community events celebrating multiculturalism in food.

I attended one of the events called Diet MOT which was an interactive session enabling attendees to assess how good their diet was. Of course I didn't need this information, but I thought I would go along anyway and see if I could be nosy or at least offer my support. I ended up doing the DIET MOT and due to my weakness of adding a bit of salt to my food I came away with a score of 12 out of 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx