Saturday, 20 October 2012

SNAPS FROM THE MIDLANDS FASHION DESIGNER AWARDS


As a ‘brummy’ who is somewhat passionate about fashion, I decided to pay my respects at the Midlands Fashion Designer Awards, held at the beautiful Botanical Gardens last night. The annual event is committed to supporting the development of up and coming and emerging fashion designers ranging from fashion graduates to emerging and established designers.

Here are a few snaps from the night….

STREET STYLE SNAP.......


.......AND HER SHOES

It was the shoes that initially caught my attention; very much my type of style to accentuate my short legs. As I took the photo she preceded to tell me that she was dressed head to toe in TOPSHOP, because she worked there. Me like……

HOST OF THE EVENT




The event was hosted by TV personality Adele Rushton. She was wearing a dress made by high-end womenswear designer Gavin Douglas (above) who was among the panel of judges for last night's event, and whose designs have been worn by A-list celebrities.

There were some lovely looking cupcakes available before the show, but I’m not really in to cupcakes, so I just took a picture instead.



CATWALK
 I was taken aback by the poise of this particular model as she strutted the runway in a design by Azim Khan -  I liked the outfit too of course.

Below you will see me just checking my camera is in working order before the night ahead! I wore a shirt and skirt by River Island and ankle boots by Dune at House of Fraser

It was a nice night.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely piece, loving the outfits! You should have tried the KissMe Cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rickie. I thought that as I was writing the post lol. hey ho - next year x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I can vouch that the cupcakes were really nice.... :)xx

    sheworechic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. NICE POST!!!In the recent years there India has witnessed an unlimited growth in fashion.

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx