Wednesday, December 12, 2012

CLOTHES SHOW LIVE 2012 - #BigUpBirmingham


Once again Birmingham was the host of  Clothes Show Live 2012, held at Birmingham’s NEC arena. Clothes Show Live, which runs over 5 days (this year it was 7-11 December), is described as the UK’s largest fashion and beauty event, and I was there on Sunday 09 December - at the ‘heart of British fashion’. Check out some of my my snaps - especially the next three.....whooahhh!

























This was my second visit to the Clothes Show. Last year I attended on the Friday, and if I do decide to go again I will certainly opt for a weekday rather than a weekend to avoid the hustle and bustle created by overly excited teenagers.

My favourite part of the day was the spectacular catwalk performance in the Suzuki Fashion Theatre presented by fashion stylist Grace Woodward and fashion designer Henry Holland, although I was rather disappointed that had I attended on the Monday I would have also been treated to a live music performance by the popular boy band JLS, but instead, on the Sunday, we were presented with a foreign pop star I had unfortunately never even heard of. The 3/4 naked male models made up for it though!

If you like your reality television, which I must admit is one of my guilty pleasures, then you were in luck for famous-face/celebrity spotting.  Amy Childs, Lauren Goodger and Gemma Collins from the ITV 2 show The Only Way Is Essex were there showcasing their fashion collections; the finalists from the hit show Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model were catwalk modelling a selection of clothes from the high street - the catwalk performance being presented by model Charley Speed; the winner of the Apprentice, Tom Pellereau, was exhibiting his revolutionary ‘S’ shaped nail file; and I also caught a quick glimpse of the model and business woman Katie Price AKA Jordan.

My credit card didn't take as much of a bashing as I had anticipated, but I did come away with a necklace similar to the one photographed above, a Papa Razzi clutch (the white one on the right), Tom's nail file and Divaderme's lash extender, which is supposed to add significant volume to your lashes.


As a nutritionist, I think I would have liked to have seen one or two stands that promoted the importance of health and nutrition. A couple of years ago The British Dietetic Association were there talking to attendees about how to get glowing skin and maximize their beauty from the inside out. After all, what’s fashion and beauty, without good health and well-being - sorry if I’m sounding a bit dogmatic!

Did any of you ladies go to Clothes Show Live?

5 comments:

  1. Amazing! A friend of mine worked at The Clothes Show, I've loved all her pictures she's posted on FB.

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Michelle - it was a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The perfection of all arts, humour, feelings, crafts and work. Hari Hari shoots his love at me :)


    buy men's accessories

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx