Friday, January 18, 2013

BELT UP!

My Top 6 Waist-Cinchers

Hermes H Belt
 It's just one of those brands that every ostentatious fashion blogger lusts after
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Miu Miu Colour Blocked Leather Belt
Would fit in perfectly with the forthcoming SS/13 monochrome trend
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
River Island Zebra Lock Belt
I love all types of animal print, especially when they're 'glamourised'
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mulberry Braided Leather Belt
I had to include this because regular readers will know I have a penchant for Mulberry bags, so why not have a matching belt?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASOS Link & Plate Detail Belt
This would look perfect wrapped around a tight fitted stretch lycra dress - Topshop have some great ones at the moment

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Alexander McQueen Scarf
How creative, I'm inspired! -  it doesn't just have to be worn around the neck
(image courtesy of www.fashionising.com)

So, my previous post discussed the importance of maintaining an ‘ideal’ waist measurement (scroll down if you didn't catch it), but achieving a flat, toned abdomen doesn’t happen overnight; so whilst we are working towards Jessica Ennis perfection, we may need a helping hand from our fashion accessories to hide our imperfections and accentuate our favourite body parts. I think it’s so important that we gals invest time and effort in dressing for our shape.

Belts, of course, are great little accessories; helping to cinch us in at the waist and create the appearance of an admirable feminine silhouette. The above belts are a few of my favourites.

Do you have any preferences? I love the idea of the Mcqueen scarf worn as a belt. I’m definitely going to experiment with mine!

Later x

19 comments:

  1. Me too - love using scarves as belts though I don't do it often - also that Miu Miu is rather nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all beautiful belts! I agree - its so important to accentuate your features with accessories! Fab post- I love the scarf as a belt!

    hannahsfashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Miu Miu one. Great post. :)

    http://jonnessa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love hermes belt!!
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks, I love how youve mixed highend with highstreet, love the mulberry one and the asos one!

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm slightly addicted to waist belts. I must say that the River Island Zebra Lock Belt is really stunning - your eye for fashion never fails to amaze me.

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Jade - I share the same addiction! eeek

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pieces... my fav is the Hermes belt...
    Keep up the great work here!
    Kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Love the river island belt :-)
    Now following you on FB, hope you can still follow me on GFC X

    Carolx
    http://fashion-bells.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. i really love these choices, especially the asos one. i have a couple louis vuitton belts that help make outfits feel so luxe!

    thanks for stopping by my blog!
    www.insparisian.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Almost bought that ASOS belt the other day! Now kind of regretting I didn't haha.

    xo,
    Lela - www.LelaLONDON.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you ladies - they are all gorgeous aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the first one and the ASOS belt. Would make such a great addition to any wardrobe.

    -V
    http://stylishlyme.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness!!! I seriously have a major love affair with anything cognac!
    Feminine belts

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx