Wednesday, February 27, 2013

BIRMINGHAM INTERNATIONAL FASHION WEEK

A night at the official pre-fashion week press event



The event took place at the uber-cool, super-chic Mechu Bar
We were treated to champagne, cupcakes and popcorn 
There was some eye candy:  (L) the boys from Clements and Churchone of many designers that will be showcasing their collection at Birmingham Fashion Week-they looked so dapper!  (R) My plus-one
I met  fellow blogger Ruth (L)  from http://sheworechic.blogspot.com 
and a member of the fashion week production team (R)
My plus-one said I looked cute in my outfit: - ASOS trousers, Zara top, Zara hat 


Birmingham International Fashion Week (yes!! Birmingham!!) takes place on 09-10 March and I was fortunate enough to be invited to the official launch press event last week, where I had the opportunity to network with the event organisers, other bloggers and fashion designers whilst sipping on complimentary Moet and nibbling on popcorn and cupcakes; I was right in my element. The host for the event was the uber-cool and super-chic Mechu Bar in Birmingham’s city centre.

Supplementary to me being a fashion enthusiast, there are two reasons why I’m really excited and impressed by Birmingham Fashion Week (BFW). Firstly, this is the first annual fashion week to be held in Birmingham, my home town; it’s a prestigious event showcasing a selection of high profile fashion shows right on my doorstep!  Secondly, BFW is supporting Unicef, the world’s leading children’s organisation, by donating 50% of their ticket sales to their Children’s Emergency Fund. This in itself justified the extra expenditure on my upgraded VIP ticket.

To echo the sentiments of Birmingham Fashion Week:

“We believe it is time for the second biggest city of Britain to achieve renown within the global fashion industry and international fashion”.

Here here and I can’t wait! Will you be attending?

Check out the website for more info:  www.bhmfashionweek.com

Later x

24 comments:

  1. it looks like a fab event and looks like it was a lot of fun

    you look uber stylish and the outfit really suits you!

    i wish i could drop by but am not going to be near

    i hope you go and take lots of pics for those who cant be there?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like loads of fun! I wish I was there (:
    You look so gorgeous! Your smile is amazing and I really like the sheer top and trousers!
    Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog! It really brightens my day xx
    I hope you're having a wonderful day, Colleen!

    -------------------------------------------------------
    wwww.cremdelachic.blogspot.com
    -------------------------------------------------------

    ReplyDelete
  3. great event and your outfit is wonderful, so stylish mix!
    xo
    http://aboutwomenandnotonly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute outfit! And I really really love your hat!
    Thank you again for leaving a super nice comment on my blog! I appreciate it so much! :)

    xx Viktoria
    viktoriadimitrova.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bel post (: Reb, xoxo.

    *Fammi sapere cosa ne pensi del mio nuovo post, eccoti il link:
    http://www.toprebel.com/2013/02/random-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like such a fabulous event :) I love your edgy and stylish outfit!!

    www.ngofficial.blogspot.co.uk

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uuh! The cupcakes look yummy :)

    Thanks for commenting on my blog! Just checked out yours and I really like the message "bringing fashion and health toghether" xx

    MODEOGAMY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looks like so much fun!! Visit http://www.urbanfashionstylee.blogspot.mx and check my new post!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great event!! I love your outfit!!!
    Have a nice day, dear! and my g+ for you...

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure you really enjoyed the event!!! You looked very trendy!! ;-)
    xoxo
    Patricia

    http://misstoptenimage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing pics...I love your top...You look very stylish...

    http://lttreasure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my you look FANTASTIC!!! I love the lace top and the tailored trousers amazing mix :)
    Thank you for the kind comment on my blog. I wish I lived closer to Birmingham as bfw looks to be an amazing event.
    X

    Ps I'm celebrating my first blog birthday with a giveaway if you would like to enter to win an amazing collection of things including a beautiful velvet turban from Crown and Glory
    http://be-a-goddess.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/be-goddess-is-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing pictures! Everyone looks so hip!

    nativeflowers.blogspot.com

    xoxo,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how stunning,babe!
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you very much :)
    Just noticed that we have the same surname : Colleen ! Except mine is written : Coline ^^


    Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

    Coline ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha yes we have the same forename, lovely name isn't it, and the name Colleen (not sure about Coline) originated from the Irish word cailin which means 'girl' - hence forcailini. Sorry getting carried away!

      Delete
  16. Such a cool event, it had to be so much fun! And your +1 is right, you looked cute, but I'd also add sexy and definitely very CHIC! Those pants are insane, honey, great look!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you look great!! Thank's for this interesting insight! Kisses from Vienna, Katja

    www.collectedbykatja.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an interesting other outfit above form mainstream - very good choice! You´re are a really extraordinary fashion blogger <3

    xx
    Rena
    http://dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like a fabulous event. I really like your trousers!

    Jolien
    http://julianaandthedaydream.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  20. your outfit is amazing!
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for your really sweet comments ladies - I'm sooo excited for next weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice pictures dear, you look really lovely. It seems you had a gala time.

    http://www.coralsandcrimsons.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx