Thursday, February 07, 2013

COOL RUNNINGS

Not the 1993 American sports film starring John Candy



 All trainers snapped in Footlocker

Well I must brag that given it's only February, I’m not doing too badly with fulfilling some of my 'Wise Intentions for 2013' (AKA New Year’s Resolutions -  see previous post):
  1. Buy a Mulberry Bag -  Tick
  2. Stay loyal to Blackberry -  Tick
  3. Develop my Nutrition Consultancy – Tick
  4. Buy a treadmill – Tick
  5. Book a trip to New York  ooops still to do along with others!

Yes my latest purchase is nothing to do with fashion, it’s do with my health; I have invested in a home treadmill from Argos and already I’m addicted. Hopefully you might start noticing a difference in my outfit posts (be kind…).

The Chief Medical Officer recommends that we do 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise each week -  an average of 30 minutes each day.  This puts us on route to good health and overall well-being now and in the future. As you get older you start to gradually lose bone density. This is a normal part of ageing, but in some people it can lead to osteoporosis. One  of the steps you can take to keep bones healthy and reduce the risk of osteoporosis (along with other diseases such as obesity and diabetes) is to take regular moderate-intensity exercise.

Moderate –intensity exercise includes brisk walking, running, cycling, aerobics classes such as Zumba and sports such as netball and tennis. I already play some netball and I ice skate at the local rink, so to ensure I’m getting my 150 minutes each week I've started running/walking on my treadmill too -  I don’t belong in a gym I’m afraid, nor an exercise class for that matter.

With all the extra exercise I’m doing I want to treat myself to a new pair of trainers, hence this post. I had a little snoop around Footlocker and spotted these beauties.  I think I have to be sensible though; a few of these are perhaps more suited to the teenagers and early ‘20- somethings’ who want to make a fashion statement with their high-tops, but I just want something, okay yes stylish (got to stay loyal to my fashion beliefs), but functional. This thought process has pointed me in the direction of the grey and yellow Nike trainers, and what do you know they are the most expensive ones! Hey ho.

What sort of physical activity/exercise do you do and how often? Are you anywhere near the government's recommendation of 150 minutes of exercise a week?

Oh and which trainers do you prefer?

Later x

18 comments:

  1. I have treadmill envy...

    I wish I had the space!

    I need new trainers - I'm an asics gel kayano kind of girl...

    PS don't go to yo sushi for your first try ok? i think you would love it especially as it can be really healthy.

    PS you are working those jeans but I have a feeling you didn't need the treadmill except for maintenance right? ( it's ok, we don't hate you for it :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're staying loyal to BB. Once you upgrade to the new one, I reckon things will go more smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Right investment dear - yes for the good health. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

    XX, IamJenniya

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too want to have it set up in my home. Really nice investment. Anything invested in health is always wise.

    http://www.coralsandcrimsons.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sneackers! and great new year resolutions! Wanna follow each other? <3<3

    http://lovesushiandfashion.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're certainly getting through your New Year's Resolutions! I'm on the look-out for new trainers too. I do aerobics and recently started Zumba classes and I'm keen to keep it up.
    PS That was such a lovely comment you left me - it made my day! Thanks too for following. I must be one of the few people who doesn't really use Facebook but I'm following you on Pinterest and by email too.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really interesting post

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so awesome. And it's great that you're disciplined to work out often. But, I have to say, you don't need to exercise, you've got a terrific figure. :)

    http://jonnessa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Nikes!
    xx
    www.clothesandcamera.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing sneakers... love sports shoes
    Have a great weekend,
    Kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi darlin! Thank you so much for visiting my blog:)! Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  12. great post honey, the sneakers are amazingg

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for your comments ladies - I think you are being too kind regarding my figure though lol - but I'll accept the compliments x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done on getting so many things ticked off your list and what a great idea having a treadmill at home. I don't do nearly enough exercise! I need to sort this out ASAP as it is so bad for my health to be so lazy. I love your nutrition consultancy page, very professional. I wish you the best of luck for it for 2013 and beyond.

    Janine xx
    Bake, Glue and Trend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. really cool post! the sneakers are really amazing.
    xoxo
    http://parisian-fairytale.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah I home treadmill! That would be amazing... make sure you get it checked often! At the spa I work at we have a gym as well and last night a guest flew off the treadmill because the band that you run on got twisted and broke down the whole machine!! Can be extremely dangerous if you are running flat out and by a window or something!!!!!
    Luckily he was FINE!!! Phew!

    Good luck with your New York trip too... :) xxxxx

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. oooh thanks for the tip Jade! I certainly will x

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx