Thursday, April 18, 2013
"I LIKE MY MONEY RIGHT WHERE I CAN SEE IT......HANGING IN MY CLOSET"
This Sex And The City quote still continues to humour me!
I make no secret of my TV guilty-pleasures; I’m happy to admit that I’m an avid follower of a number of programmes that feature on the American network channel E! – Fashion Police, E News, Chelsea Lately and of course the controversial Keeping Up With The Kardashians series and all their spin off shows – but just last night a new series premiered on the network called A-List Listings, which did everything I anticipated it would:
1. It gave me an authorized peek inside the imposing homes of the financially privileged.
2. It highlighted the significant dichotomy between the mega wealthy and the poverty stricken.
3. It made me forget that I was living in a society on the brink of economic turmoil as reported on the news just minutes before I watched the programme on E!
4. Nonetheless, it left me in a little bubble, vicariously dreaming about where I would reside if I won millions on the lottery.
5. It inspired me to think about how I would like to re-organize and re-design my pad - I wish I had this gentleman to hand, although I guess that would be pointless without the Coutts bank account!
6. It further encouraged me to continue aspiring to build my dream walk-in-closet to house all my ‘babies’ (shoes, bags, hats - I don’t ever intend to have actual babies); it would be like my very own fashionable Wendy house to play in every morning and evening.
The aspiration for a walk in closet came about initially after witnessing Mariah Carey’s New York apartment closet, on MTV’s cribs.
and subsequently others........
I really am obsessed with walk-in-closets. I love the idea of having my prized fashion items on display in their very own separate boudoir, even if it is just me that sees them. I have such pride in the shoes, bags, hats and clothes that I have accumulated over the years, why shouldn't they be treated like beautiful ornaments and added to the décor. Would you agree, or am I being highly superficial and a victim of fashion? A girl’s got to dream big, right?
labelsA List Listings, closets, FASHION AND STYLE, sex and the city, walk in closet, walk in wardrobe
Share this post