Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A LIEBSTER AWARD.......

Why thank you!



I have no clue where the concept of the Liebster award originated from, but having read quite a few posts where bloggers had received the award, I've always thought it was a lovely idea; I mean who doesn't want to be nosy and find out a little more about the blog editor, right?

I was first nominated for this award quite soon after I started writing this blogspot in October 2012, but I was quite oblivious to this blogging lark and I will be honest, I didn't accept it and in fact I down right ignored the nomination. To the person who bestowed this ‘honour’ to me back in the day, if you are still reading my blog - chances are she's not - may I take this opportunity to thank you for considering me!

Now I’m a little more savvy, I am pleased to accept the Liebster award from my dear fellow blogger/reader (and actually I now class her as my virtual friend), Naomi at the fascinating, witty, and informative blog CouldaShouldaWoulda -  go check her out, you will learn something new with every post, and she currently has a great giveaway (actually I shouldn't tell you that because then it reduces my chance of winning!). Anyway, thank you girl! x

So here it goes with Naomi's questions - are you sitting comfortably?



If you could look like anyone who would it be?
Hhhhm, it’s a tie between Kim Kardashian and Beyonce - I have a girl crush on both of them. I think they are stunning to look at,  they have glowing skin (from what I can see in the magazines and on TV), their hair is always flawless, but chiefly they have some banging curves; I’d love a little extra junk in my trunk and would be more than happy with even half of Kim’s breast tissue!

What character from a book do you most identify with?
Errm I don’t read too many books, so let’s go with a movie based on a book……let’s go with Agent ‘Jinx’ (LOL), as portrayed by Halle Berry in the James Bond film Die Another Day. Why do I most identify with her? Well she’s of African descent, intelligent, sexy, fashion-forward, a workaholic and a tough cookie!

What is your favourite flower?
Oooh this is an easy one: white lilies  They brighten up any room, even when they haven’t fully bloomed, and the aroma they give off is gorgeous and lasts for days. The only downside about them is the orange pollen that stains everything and anything if you are not careful, but now, following my mum’s suggestion I just cut them off.

If you could meet one person from the past, who would it be?
Michael Jackson - I’m sorry, but he’s a legend and his music got me through a lot when I was younger. I really admired his work, so much so that I got my mum and dad to name my brother after him. I wanted them to call him Michael Jackson Campbell, but they refused the Jackson part and just went with the Michael instead.

What would you talk about?
The truth! There has been so many conflicting things said about him and so much conspiracy surrounding his life that I would just love to know the truth -  his childhood; growing up as an Afro-American, fame from such a young age, his children……

Have you ever won anything?
Yep, at school I was a sports fanatic and I won all the athletic events at our sports days. Sorry to brag, but I had sooo many medals and trophies and everyone wanted me on their team. I really should have continued with it, but I stopped when I left school unfortunately. More recently, nothing - NOT A THING! I've been awarded things for instance like this award and other awards at university, and I've won £10 on the lottery a couple of times, but nothing to get excited about.

Which bag would you choose between a Chanel 2.55 bag or Hermes Kelly bag?
Oooh you little bugger - difficult one, but if my life depended on it (not sure when that situation would ever arise) I would have to go with the more capacious Hermes bag. At that price, I would be taking it everywhere with me and simply because of  the amount of stuff I pack in to my bags, the Chanel just would not be practical as an everywhere, everyday bag.

Which one event will forever remain etched in your memory?
When my dad picked me up from my childminder’s at aged 9, and told me that we were going to the hospital because my baby brother (5 days old) had developed a heart murmur and was in a critical condition in ITU, and may not make it through the night. It was the longest drive ever to the hospital. He’s still with us thank goodness -  I’m forever indebted to that heart surgeon!

If you were stranded on a desert island and could only take one book, which one would it be?
Well I haven’t read Fifty Shades of Grey yet; I’m probably the only woman who hasn't, but it sounds like it’s definitely a book to be read in a discreet place with nobody around so that you can enjoy it to it’s fullest, if you know what I mean *wink* . I hear the tube/train is the least suitable place to read it!

What made you finally write a blog?
Well I went to this business seminar, where they drummed in to us that if you are in business, you should be on social media, I wasn't!  So I signed up to Twitter and Facebook and it was really on Twitter that I found out that the blogosphere wasn't just restricted to the Peony Lims, 5 inch and Ups and Wish Wish Wishes of the blogging world; there was a  place for amateur/recreational bloggers too. So I thought hey, why don’t I create my own little outlet to write about what interests and inspires me, at least it will stimulate my ageing brain cells instead of vegging out in front of the TV every night when I get home from work!

I've written so much in this post, so I will save my Liebster questions for another post. Thanks for reading!

Later x



48 comments:

  1. Love it! I am so glad you accepted and I really enjoyed reading this and learning more about one of my favourite bloggers!

    Gosh, I need to be under the table when you talk to MJ. I wish he had written an autobiography or was at least working on one...

    Now I see why you have an athletic build - so do you think you would have made it to the Olympics if you pushed? You would have been the Ennis!!

    Thanks again Colleen and I hope you continued success on your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt that I could have made it to the Olympics if I really pushed myself. When I watched it last year it made me very nostalgic and regretful. My mum keeps me reminding me of what my coach said to her: "never let her give up!" I focused too much on academics.

      Thanks Naomi xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The one and only....Louboutin x

      Delete
    2. thought so but just wanted confirmation - they truly are a classic! I need to get a simple pair of pumps like that but with a little less heel x

      Delete
    3. Kurt Geiger, Bertie, Dune, L.K.Bennett all under one roof of temptation in House of Fraser. The one in Oxford Street is a delight!! x

      Delete
  3. Michael Jackson does have (had) one of the most fascinating lives ever, Islands and books? hopefully now days they have WiFi so I can be glued to my iPad with no restrictions of any kind, well battery :(
    So glad to hear about your brother. I had a heart murmur as I kid, I am perfectly well now .... :)
    Have a happy rest of week.
    xx
    ** Styleidnet INSTAGRAM **
    ** Style Id Net **
    * Bloglovin *
    .

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I love this post, Colleen. It's always nice to find out about fellow bloggers. I love your answers, especially about Michael. I wasn't a fan but I always admired his music and influence on music industry. He was a legend, extraordinary person with a big heart.

    I hope your brother is well, Colleen. xxx

    www.todaymyway.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is thank you. A little rascal, but well x

      Delete
  5. I love these kinds of posts because it's nice to get to know your favorite bloggers, especially how they got started :) As much as I hate Kim Kardashian, I too would not mind looking like her, haha, although I'm not a fan of her body at all :)

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely answers! I havent read 50 shades of grey either..probably never will

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations honey!! It's always interesting to know more about your favourite bloggers!! ;-)
    xoxo
    Patricia

    http://misstoptenimage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are my father's dream daughter!! He always "resented" me for not being athletic and not winning at anything.:) And I'm happy that your brother is ok! My mom is a pediatrician, she specializes in infant heart problems and the stories that she tells me... Trust me, such situations are heavy on the soul on both ends. But on the lighter note, I think Kim is sexy too and would love to have her boobs as well!!:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I think deep down my mum 'resents' me for not continuing with it. She always reminds me when athletes are on the telly!

      Delete
  9. Hi Colleen. For myself i don't accept a Blog Award. I don't know exactly why. But it's funny, i like to read about other blogger. It's really interesting to hear more Personality Fakts about my favourite Blogs. ( you a One of them)
    I Love the answers, they are really interesting and makes you soooo sympathical.
    Glamupyourlifestyle.blogspot.de

    I Love your Louboutins ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. well an award is always great!!!! and we love that you joined us bloggers ;) xo, Alma
    http://www.soulofashopper.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Colleen! Congrats for the award, well deserved! Is nice to know more about you! Love Michael Jackson too, grew up with his song and still they are my fav! Kisses and have a good day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven’t read Fifty Shades of Grey either, dear Colleen.
    Regards,
    xoxo
    http://aboutwomenandnotonly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you so much for your nice comment love! always love reading it!


    x Vik


    viktoriadimitrova.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Colleen, congratulation. Your blog is lovely so it is a well deserved award.
    Have a great day.
    Dusana :-)

    www.letnedni.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. grats on the liebster award!

    would you like to follow each other?
    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrates hun.. you so deserve it!!! I love the way you write and that what makes your blog so great and interesting for me:)

    As usual.. you look so lovely (love love love the beautiful hat)..

    kisses,
    http://rosdays.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  17. congrats for your award!
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! You look fabulous.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. FGab picture of you, congrats on the award...
    keep up the great work!
    Kisses from Miami!
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations! ♥
    Amazing blog :)

    Wanna follow each other?
    Let me know and commented me back on my blog, XX
    http://jeannays.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on the award, Colleen - its well-deserved! I always love reading these facts about bloggers, it really gives so much insight into your personality. I never would have guessed you'd go Hermes over Chanel, for example ;)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a tough one between Hermes and Chanel, but I went for practicality ha ha

      Delete
  22. Congrats, darling!!!!
    Kisses
    Francy&Stef
    Chic With The Least
    Also on Facebook and on Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  23. So interesting to read all these information about you, Colleen! And the "allover black look" is perfect for you - like a black panther or a "hot witch" :-) ... Kisses from Vienna,

    Katja

    www.collectedbykatja.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for sharing some facts about you! I read until the end. Goodluck!

    Kisses,
    Bex
    http://www.thebexdoctorproject.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats, dear Colleen for your award <3 And many thanks for answering the questions so honest. How good that you visited this business seminar because I like your blog really and you as the person behind and in it, too!

    xx from Bavaria, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations! Just discovered your blog via Naomi. I love hearing more personal details about bloggers, gives us a little insight into their lives. I'll check out the rest of your lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaaw thank you for popping by on the recommendation of the lovely Naomi.

      Delete
  27. I love Kim K and Bey as well, two stunning girls! I'm more of a chanel girl that hermes, so we you can have hermes and I'll have the chanel one ;) It was great getting to know you more and you really deserved this award :)

    Ellen // A little bit Unique // Facebook // Bloglovin



    xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations on your award!!! I loved your answers <3 <3 <3 xx

    Gemma | ♥ International MAC RiRi Woo giveway on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  29. followed on bloglovin :) follow back?

    thanks for dropping by!
    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Colleen,

    First, congrats on your Liebster! CSW (Naomi) recommended your blog and I trust that woman's wisdom :)

    Saw 1 of your earlier posts when you were wearing a Zara (I think) varsity style jacket with a bird embroidery. Saw the same and I was hanging around the store debating whether I'll buy it. I loved the cut but I was on the hunt for something with dragons on it coz I'm a dragon baby! Eventually settled for something similar from River Island --with dragons on it !

    Love lillies too!

    Great to finally visit your page and you'll be seeing more of me :)

    MsMadge

    PS. You're not the only one who hasn't read Fifty Shades of Grey. I never liked reading what everyone's reading (except Daily Mail..haha), but maybe we both could one day and compare notes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thank you for popping by and looking through my blog. I'm off to check yours out now.

      ooh yes I debated about buying that varsity jacket on a number of occasions, it's slightly overpriced I think so I wish I had spotted something similar in River Island instead.

      That's a deal regarding Fifty Shades of Grey ha ha, although surprisingly to me it appears that quite a few people haven't read it......

      Delete
  31. Congratulations on your award!! Very deserved ;) I haven't read Grey either, so no worries, we're two in the world!
    i loved reading your answers and getting to know you a little more.

    www.graceintemporelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulation on your award!!! You deserve it!!!! I like your answers and you look fab....

    http://lttreasure.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  33. congrats on the award dear! your awesome blog deserves it :) xx

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  34. You look great on this photo! The jacket is absolutely great - where did you buy this??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's Firetrap, I bought it in House of Fraser

      Delete
  35. Wow, I am just seeing this one, Girllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll YOU ARE HOT!!!
    rock4less.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  36. Aww you seem like such a nice person! But honestly, I haven't read shades of grey as well haha!


    x Vik


    viktoriadimitrova.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx