Saturday, July 13, 2013

APOLOGY ACCEPTED?

Yes I should hide my face in shame!


Well first of all, on behalf of the forcailini blog, I guess I owe you guys an apology for being absent from the blogosphere for so long - writing my blog and reading your blogs. I’m not going to dwell on the reasons for my absence if you don’t mind, but I thought this passage that I stumbled across kinda summed it up well:


 Anyway, it’s amazing what a new pair of shoes and bit of sunshine and heat on your skin can do for your 'life', so here I am with fingers to keyboard typing my long awaited (maybe?) post whilst my dinner is being cooked for me!

When the summer arrives, I tend to substitute many of my stiletto heels for wedges; they really are the perfect summer shoe and always on trend from season to season. They look great with shorts, skirts or a great pair of flares, so in my opinion they are a versatile wardrobe staple for every lady that wants to feel chic, tall and stylish.








Dress New Look
Shoes So You Shoes
Scarf  Alexander McQueen at Selfridges
                               Jewellery - own design (made by a talented artisan in 
Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter)

I hope not to leave it too long 'til my next post, eek!

Later x

16 comments:

  1. Wow, wow. So glad you are back yay!!! You look stunning sweetie and your wedges are so cool. I def agree with you, wedges are the coolest in summer.
    Have a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing, Colleen!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!! g+ and like for you!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Colleen. So nice one of my favorite blog is back. I really love wedges in the summer to, they are stylish and comfy in the same time.

    You are right, life is an adventures and an adventures makes you stronger
    Have a nice Sunday, Cla

    Glamupyoulifestyle.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah thanks for your kind words. Oh let me tell ya girl, these wedges are not that comfy unfortunately, but a girl has gotta do what a girl has gotta do

      Delete
  4. Yay! You look fab as per usual and it's great to see your smile again :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh stoppit, I'm blushing, but thank you xx

      Delete
  5. Glad to see you back. It's true - new shoes and sunshine can really make a difference. Wedges are so versatile and perfect for summer and your new ones look gorgeous with your outfit.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miss B, a bit of travelling like you would help as well, I'm sure!

      Delete
  6. Hi Colleen!! I had a hump coz you were off for too long, but the new wedges and hat certainly make up for the absence, so you're forgiven :D
    It's amazing what sunshine can do. It's the reason why in the Philippines we are almost always positive despite the hardship that most people go through, just because we have sunshine all year round! Vit D helps!
    Another blog I'm reading (Fashion Tales by Madison) wrote about how ok it is to skip your blog every now and then. Sometimes we need to step back from it all to gain a new perspective :)
    So welcome back! If it happens again, just remember that I'm one of those whose loyalty you've already gained, so we'll just be around.
    Have a lovely week ahead!

    Marj x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Marj
      It's so true about the sunshine. I'd like to check out the fashion tales blog and see her thoughts on the 'concept' of blogging too. Anyway great to see you here mate and to read you lovely words x

      Delete
  7. I did miss your posts! Came here last week and there was nothing - but I am persistent and today there's your lovely post and pictures! You look extremely beautiful! Don't worry, we all have phases, when we write more or we write nothing for a while! We need a creative pause from time to time! I love your dress and your shoes are great! You look very beautiful! denisesplanet com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw that's really sweet Denise, thank you

      Delete
  8. I am glad that you are back...you look amazing ....


    xxxxxx

    http://lttreasure.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am at the beach on vacation but will continue posting on the blog once a week! and yes, I follow you by facebook!
    Have a good week, Colleen!!!:)))

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx