Friday, October 11, 2013

PINK HUES AND FLORAL PRINTS

But it's autumn!?

Mulberry

Tom Ford

DKNY

Rochas
Given we've only just transitioned in to autumn/winter, I haven’t yet quite adjusted to seeing pink hues and floral prints gracing the clothing rails in my best-loved shops; traditionally associated with spring and summer seasons, it appears these colour and print trends are here to stay right through to next autumn! Fortunately I haven’t heard the style experts say that 'pink is the new black', so most of the items in my wardrobe will still get a look-in over the next few months.

I certainly wouldn't go as far as to say I’m a 'fashionista' (as defined by the urban dictionary), but I'd like to think I'm not an avid trend- follower either, however I might just be slightly in denial about the latter. I mean c’mon, pink……….most of you will know that I tend to sway towards black, with maybe a pop of colour, so the fact that I’m starting to don more pink, just because it's ‘in fashion’ suggests I’m on the verge of being a toned down fashion sheep, right? Well if I am, what the heck, I’m really enjoying the few pink pieces I've invested in recently. Take this soft, fluffy textured-effect v-neck jumper from Oasis which is quite a jump from my usual get-up, but I’m really indulging in it. It’s so versatile; it works perfectly with jeans and pencil skirts and I've got a good feeling it will quite easily see me through until next summer. This is quite a pale pink, but the colour trend ranges from this shade of pink right through to a more dusky dark pink as seen by Tom Ford and DKNY above.

Jumper  Oasis

 I personally prefer to wear my pinks with a dark bold colour such as navy blue, black, burgundy or grey because this then really accentuates the pink palette. Perhaps in spring I’ll experiment with wearing it with a pastel or white bottom. I last wore this jumper with my floral print stretch jeans, which, of course, have a black ground colour – can’t believe I’m still wearing sandals!







 Jeans  Topshop
Bag Zara
Shoes  Steve Maden

It’s October and pink is everywhere, so I think it’s quite apt for me to make reference to the fact that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women worldwide. For more information visit the Cancer Research website and do what you've got to do ladies!

Later x

32 comments:

  1. The pink trend for fall is definitely not my favourite... I look so forward to dark colours for autumn and then when the runways are full of blush tones, well, it's just not what I would hope for. Still, I think a pretty blush coat can be lovely under the right circumstances. I'm just not sure those circumstances exist in my life ;) You do wear the colour beautifully, though!
    xox,
    Cee
    www.cocoandvera.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you with the dark colours, trust me, but I do think you'd look very chic with a pretty blush coat - go on...... do it! x

      Delete
  2. I was going to get a pink coat but they're not cheap and I would rather spend my money on something else...But you look all girly and butter would not melt would it?!? ;P I don't think I have seen you in pink in all your outfits I just realized - very flirty and very first date night girl! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "girly and butter would not melt".......yep I'll take that and it's true, you sound shocked??! I'm trying to get my hands on the M&S pink coat, but the fact that its been sold out for weeks suggests it's best to stop trying as I don't want to keep bumping in to someone wearing it! x

      Delete
  3. Since last winter i really like soft colors in the cold season too. Do you know this old rule, never wear white, after the labour day? I think white and soft pink in winter is great, i like it.
    Your oasis sweater looks fantastic for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had heard that rule, but I ignore it being British ha ha!

      Delete
  4. Hi Colleen! It is my fav color and Im just drooling over the jumper you got. Wow, it is marvelous and suits you so well! Actually you look super stunning dear, one of my fav outfit from you so far. You wear 2 of my fav trends of the mo, pink and dark floral. Beautiful sandals and bag too. And yes, is a perfect post in relation to the month. Kisses dear, have a lovely weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the dark floral at the moment x

      Delete
  5. Wow!! Your outfit is absolutely perfect!! We love it!!
    Kisses
    Francy&Stef
    Chic With The Least
    Also on Facebook and on Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful selection!! I love your outfit!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend, dear Colleen!!! g+ and like for you!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi hun.. You look so stunning in pale pink!! the jumper is the perfect piece for the fall.. too bad we don't have Oasis here:) Can't wait to see you pink with bright bottom!! I am telling you it's gonna be HOT on you!!!

    Love your cool style witch always has a twist! the sandals completed this look perfectly!

    Have a great weekend,
    http://rosdays.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that jumper, it's suuuper cute =)

    mypetitecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post beautiful! Keep up the great work in your blog…
    Wish you a lovely weekend,
    Kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great as usual Miss! Love the bag--so rolled-brown-paper-packed-lunch turned into a bag and dyed black. Casual chic. I don't love pink but I don't shy away from it, so I have pink jumpers. Love your Oasis one. Can steal that! Just saw my bed sheets while typing this and realised they're magenta pink! Hahaha. While I won't go for a pink coat, I'd wear a pink skirt or pink shoes or peachy pink top, and yes, pink lipstick :) Have a lovely week xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!! You look super stunning,I love your pants so much and your pink jumper.You add so much swag to that Zara bag,each time you rock it babes.
    New post up.
    Kisses...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it, dearest Colleen, how you created your pink outfit! I think you know already how much I love pink - and florals :) I´m really happy about this pink trend and I couln´t resist to order a coat which hopefully looks similar like the coat which you show in the beginning of this post, can´t wait until I will get the parcel ;)

    Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this style of coat, look forward to seeing how you wear it!

      Delete
  13. Love pink for fall, especially coats. You look amazing, i like how you paired those leggings with the sweater. :)

    feel free to check out my new post
    www.jonnessa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful outfit! Love your hair cut its super cute....would love if we could follow each other?

    XoXo
    Teresa
    www.chicaffordable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pink is my fav colour and it looks great on u!
    Come back soon to visit me on…
    Nameless Fashion Blog
    Nameless Fashion Blog Facebook page

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Colleen, you look so lovely, your jumper look very cosy. Also, I'm loving your hairstyle.
    Have a great week!

    Hugs!
    Dusana :-)

    www.letnedni.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You know I had to google urban dictionary's definition of fashionista.:) Either way, I think you're a pretty fashionable individual. And a pretty pretty one too, that third shot of you is just gorgeous. And I love that DKNY number too, you'd looks so frigging hot in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful entry! You inspire me!
    Kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. That DKNY dress is super gorgeous!
    Pink used to be my fav color as a young girl but as time went by, pink matured into red. :D

    Your jumper looks super soft, I just wanna run my hand over it! Loll!
    You look great. Love the sandals.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wish you a wonderful week dea Colleen, kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's such a refreshing change to see all the pink this autumn instead of the usual colours but it's the pastel shades that I'm drawn to. Your jumper is gorgeous - a versatile colour and lovely texture and as you say it will take you right through to spring. By the way, I'm enjoying seeing more of Birmingham - beautiful town hall in the previous post!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love pink for autumn, and really want a pale pink winter coat this season. Love your floral printed denim. :) /Madison

    ReplyDelete
  23. well put together.
    ezechimereuchenna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx