Friday, October 04, 2013

STYLE BIRMINGHAM LIVE AW13

Sorry to be so wax-lyrical about Birmingham recently


Last weekend saw the return of one of Birmingham’s largest fashion and shopping events - 'Style Birmingham Live'. Some of you might have seen my Facebook post proclaiming how much I was looking forward to attending. It didn't disappoint - well anything to do with fashion and shopping wouldn't disappoint me – however I must ensure that next time I don’t procrastinate in buying my ticket because by doing so I ended up being allocated a premium seat on the second row (instead of the FROW!), which was great for observing the models strutting their stuff, but not so great for taking photographs.

The event took place in Birmingham’s monumental Town Hall situated in the heart of the city in Victoria Square. After picking up my goody bag from Harvey Nichols, and leaving with only the free goody bag (yes I did go and browse, again, at the Mulberry bag I’m lusting after), I trotted off to the event’s venue, but not before grabbing a quick bite to eat from….EAT. 

Birmingham Town Hall




This year, Style Birmingham Live was supporting Breast Cancer Care and invited ticket-holders to come and see Lady Penelope’s FABulous bespoke pink Rolls-Royce Ghost with the original Thunderbirds FAB1 number plate.

The Selfridges van was handing out vouchers to the value of between £5 and £500 to VIP ticket-holders. The actual amount remains undisclosed until you get to Selfridges and register the voucher – I’m going this weekend to find out, wish me luck! Being a VIP ticket-holder we were also treated to a glass of champagne…or two on arrival in the Virgin Trains First Class Lounge within the Town Hall.




The event was hosted by born and bred 'Brummie', Emma Willis (she has her successful fingers in lots of pies recently doesn't she: This Morning; The Voice; Big Brother; and some other dating show, of which the name escapes me) and X-Factor and Big Brother contestant, Rylan Clark. Brix-Smith Smart, the eccentric TV fashion guru and Gok Wan’s former stylist sidekick also joined the hosts to discuss this season’s hottest trends and answer questions from the audience.

The catwalk showcased some of the hottest A/W13 trends hitting our high street right now: Monochrome; Pink Palettes; British Urban; Animal Prints; and Futuristic Punk. I'm looking forward to trying my hand at pink palette!






I was so besotted with these Alexander McQueen shoes that I asked the lady who was wearing these babies if I could take a picture of them; she must have thought I was crazy. Come to think of it, that was a bit of a crazy move – all in the name of street-style spotting!

Later x

22 comments:

  1. You Brummies don't do things by half do you?! Looks like a huge event. Must have been fun - was Ryan as funny?? Yes those shoes are quite something and a statement piece. I know you could rock those! Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Rylan was funny - he's definitely a character! Him and Emma are a great double act xx

      Delete
  2. I think you guys have in Birningham great fashion event and the pictures looks like fun.
    The shoes of the lady are great and it´s your business for all of your reader to ask her for a foto.;)

    And sure i wish you luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!! MAN!!! Birmingham rocks, South East sucks Lool....The only events i enjoyed was the ones outside my area. Sounds like a very lovely event, I love the pink cars and the last heels you pictured. I would do the same babes..Those heels are bang Mad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Colleen! This is a kind of event where I wish go so bad! Well done! I bet it must have been a blast, plus it supported a great cause. Hope your voucher is lucky so fingers crossed for you at Selfridges! You do right to take a pic of the shoes, they are to die for! Have a great weekend dear, kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.. the event seems so cool and lovely, and the good cause only makes it better!! the snaps are amazing - especially those McQueen shoes are a show stopper-no wonder you couldn't help it.. and thank you for that :) !!!

    Wish you luck.. and crossing my fingers for you!

    Have a fabulous weekend hun,

    http://rosdays.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an event! I would've asked to take a picture of those shoes too. HaHa about sitting in the front row. Great experience, but I bet it was hard taking pictures (as you mentioned). I'm loving the different sights. So much to see. Glad you had a great time.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fingers crossed that the Selfridges voucher yields slots!
    Sounds like a fun evening and those shoes are mad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pink Thunderbird is your very own pink Cadillac :D I can see you being driven in that!
    I'm getting a bit jealous that you get to go to these events while I'm left photographed with two orange-clad wannabe women. Hahaha.
    Those shoes should be on your feet. So you!
    You have to tell us what your Selfridges GC got you!
    No photo with Rylan, or Brix or Emma?? Not that they deserve to be seen with you :D
    Have a lovely weekend hun! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found out after the event that there was a raffle to win the car, that'll teach me to do my research before the event!

      I knoooow, after the event Rylan and Emma were nowhere to be found, but I just missed out on getting one with Brix; I need to learn how to push through people!

      I'm writing this next bit with an upside down smile: My GC just about got me a drink from the food hall!!!!!! aaaahhh!! xx

      Delete
  9. Wow great event!!! lovely shoes!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!!!! g+ and like for you!!!;)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I saw someone with those heels on, I'd ask if I could take a picture too. Hell, I'd ask if I can try them on!:D I have to admit, in that second shot I spotted the pink Rolls immediately, that Ghost's just phenomenal. And it's pink for a good cause!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl I can't tell you how much I wanted to drag them off her feet, regardless of her shoes size!

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous event!! We love that floral skirt and the last shoes!!
    Kisses
    Francy&Stef
    Chic With The Least
    Also on Facebook and on Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like, dear Colleen, as this was an absoultely impressing event! Many thanks for sharing it :) And yes, the Alexander McQueen shoes are to die for! Now I have immediately to look if I find a similar verison, but I fear I won´t be successful ...

    Wish you a happy new week!

    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those pictures, looks like a fun event. Those transparent umbrellas are so cute. :)

    You're welcome to check out my new post
    www.jonnessa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Colleen, look like a perfect event, lovely pictures. I like a lot Emma Willis, she is a great presenter.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Dusana :-)

    www.letnedni.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a great week you too Colleen! Kisses dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great event...I love Alexander McQueen shoes as well....

    Have a great week...

    http://lttreasure.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. The pink car is FAB
    New giveaway on my blog…wanna join? You can win a jewel by Les Jumelles!
    Les Jumelles giveaway
    Nameless Fashion Blog Facebook page

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this looks like a pretty sweet event! I wish we had this kind of stuff in my city! What did you end up buying? And those McQueen booties are to die for!

    Also, FROW?!?! That's awesome (the word, I mean lol).

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx