Thursday, August 07, 2014

WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE?

Is summer nearly over?




Yikes! It’s been over a week since my last post – I’m becoming a tardy blogger, eeek!  Of late, I've been frequently hearing and reading how we've only got the luxury of one more month of summer and that we therefore need to make the most of the sunshine, so I have been doing just that and consequently neglecting a few other, shall we say, responsibilities.

This weekend sees me venture on my summer vacation which means for the last week I have been convincing myself that I have no summer clothes and accessories to take and thus need to invest in a new summer wardrobe. I've been relatively successful in sweeping up some last minute bargains from the high street, but alas, this jumpsuit was a full price purchase from Dorothy Perkins; still a reasonable price but nothing beats a major coup when it comes to clothes shopping, even if you have to sift through piles of clothes strewn across the shop floor, right?

Anyone else own a jumpsuit? Well I wore mine for a date night this week and felt rather smug that I was wearing my new purchase, until it was time for the toilet and my smugness was wiped firmly away. I hadn't thought through the main downfall with this particular outfit: how the hell do I unzip myself and then zip myself back up when visiting the little ladies room without asking my date to help me out? (*confused look on face and arms akimbo*)

Hope y’all having a great summer x



and some continuing signs of summer







Jumpsuit  - Dorothy Perkins
Hat - Topshop
Fanny pack (bum bag, whateva) - DKNY at Selfridges
Sandals - Bertie
Later x

12 comments:

  1. Lol, I agree with u! Actually, is the main reason why I wear them less even though is a kind of garment I totally love! And for sure it flatters you, looking so stylish and smashing Colleen, you are such in a great shape! I also like the bum bag (honestly, I neither know how it is called in English, in ITalian we say "marsupio") and the hat. Oh, time flies indeed but I still believe summer isnt already nearly over, still a pleanty of time to enjoy it, weather permitting! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh marsupio - I have seen that word on another blog actually. Thank you x

      Delete
  2. Summer is not over and will be warm until Xmas eve ok? Love a jumpsuit but on others my dear I swear if I didn't like you I would be bloody jealous of you!! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope we have still a few weeks of summer, because this is my favorite season. I wish i would live in a country with more summer month, like Germany. Dear Colleen you with your great body can wear everything. You look so fantastic in this jumpsuit. Wish you a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I wish you a bit more sunshine x

      Delete
  4. You last paragraph made me roll off my dining. Exactly why I don't like wearing them when am too busy lol.�� don't dare when you in your monthly stuff huh! I got too many, jumpsuits are just the best, especially when you see them hanging in the shop. You look super stunning, am so jealous of your muscles, your hands are well toned. And your skin dazzles.Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made me laugh too ha. Thank you babes x

      Delete
  5. Hahahahahha!
    I genunely understand your plight! Jumpsuits are very sexy in a very subtle way, no matter how casual they might look. I just love them. But when its time to answer nature's call, they prove difficult to manipulate. Lol
    You look great btw. Love the print of the jumspuit. I've got just one in black, I think I need to invest in a bright colored jumpsuit that's more casual n 'summer-y'. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, dear Colleen, you look fantastic in your new jumpsuit! And as I own some jumpsuits (and also owned in sum a lot during my hole life) I know about what you are writing ... you mentioned clearly disadvantages of this kind of clothes! Hopefully you will nevertheless wear this jumpsuit more often as you are simply an eyecandy with it.

    Enjoy the rest of the summer and I hope you are happy and well.

    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too have been taking advantage of the good weather (which now seems to have ended!) and as a result my posts have not been as regular either. That's a lovely jumpsuit, a perfect fit and so flattering. I don't tend to wear a lot of prints particularly florals but this one is not too fussy and neutrals are always a favourite of mine. Hope you're enjoying your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look adorable, love all the pictures

    http://abdelkhalekleblog.blogspot.com/
    Please new post sponsored HELP ME OUT by commenting and visiting this link thanks alot.
    Http://bit.ly/1thu6ho

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx