Sunday, September 14, 2014

THE FOOD FAIR

A haven for foodies


Outside the Millennium Point



A few months ago I invested in the Birmingham Independent Card, a card that entitles you to discounts at selected independent shops and restaurants in Birmingham. I make a conscious effort to show my support for Birmingham’s independents by visiting their businesses for clothes or food at least once or twice a month - any excuse to shop and eat really!

This weekend saw the return of the annual Birmingham Independent Food Fair, which took place at the iconic Millennium Point, an event where you can find many of the independent food establishments in Birmingham all under one roof -  a haven for foodies with lots of free food and drink (of the alcohol kind too) samples on offer. Only a small proportion of the food ticked my health/nutrition check box so it’s a good job they were only offering small samples. I stupidly had lunch before attending the ‘food’ fair but I didn’t let that stop me treating my taste buds to some of the delights that were available; it just meant I had a slightly uncomfortable power walk back to my car instead.

I know it’s all about Fashion Week at the moment but have any of you guys attended any foodie events recently or know of any coming up?














and what I wore

Dress  Dorothy Perkins
Boots  Clarks
Bag  Sophie Hulme
 Later x

8 comments:

  1. Unfortunately nope, neither ever went to one you think but being a huge foodie I would just love they organize something similar also here. You made me smile when you said you did have ur lunch before going and the same could eat some samples, I would have done the same!:P And you were utterly stunning Colleen, always enjoy your outfits and style, the boots are to die for and too hot!:) Many kisses, have a lovely week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just the kind of event we enjoy! Earlier this year we visited Taste Dubai and last year The Good Food Show down your way. It's fun to sample the food and drink and learn about new products and gadgets. The Birmingham Independent Card is a clever way to support small local businesses whilst enjoying discounts too. Thanks for the tour of the fair. Great photos which really captured the variety of products!
    By the way, lovely dress - I always forget to pop into Dorothy Perkins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this kind of events, but i also avoid going hungry to such a event. Otherwise this could be very dangerous for me. ;) Dear Colleen, you look fantastic in your outfit. I love your boots and the bag.
    Wish you a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eating before attending a food fair? Lol.
    Beautiful pictures.
    You look great. That bag is everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these photos and your look! the dress is amazing. I love food fairs, but haven't attended any lately. They are great to discover and enjoy food.

    Jasmine x
    For a Real Woman - Instagram - Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a place my stomach would love to go to

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pity that you had lunch before you visited fair with obviously so much delious food! Only watching the pictures makes me hungry :) So sorry I don't have any tips for you regarding a food fair, I have even to admit that I only visited so far only local food fairs where local food were offered ... But I can imagine that you would love to test some kind of our Bavarian food as we for example have wonderful cheese and milk products! You look really cool in you dress with the boots btw <3 Have a wonderful rest of the weekend dear Colleen.
    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx