Sunday, October 12, 2014

NO EXCUSES

Just solutions




Aaaah it’s here: fall fashion trends with their dark, sultry hues adorn the high street rails; the ground is glowing with fallen golden leaves; squirrels scurry across the fence and up the trees in the back garden; and there is an obvious chill in the air that warrants boots and a coat – yes, we are truly immersed in autumn. My summer clothes are steadily making their way back to their respective homes to make way for the new and existing warmer attire.

I do welcome autumn/winter, for all the reasons mentioned above and more, but there is one facet of this season that I’m not so keen on, and that’s the rain, extreme cold temperatures and early sunsets. Not only does this change of weather play havoc with my hair, outfit choices and mood, but it also interferes with my workout regime. You see, although I’m a big advocate of working out, I refuse to exercise outdoors when it is freezing cold, raining and or/dark so I always have to adjust my workout regime at this time of year. I could just hibernate until things improve but I inherited more of my mother’s genes (consequently if I don’t exercise I gain weight quickly) and I want to keep fit throughout the year so…………no excuses, just solutions.

I've enjoyed having the opportunity to go running in my local park over the spring/summer period but this weekend, after running under grey skies, getting caught in a vicious downpour and shivering for the first part of the workout, I conceded this would probably be my last run in the park and that I would have to resume my aerobic activity back in the gym and on the home treadmill……………blub blub blub.




I rarely invest in active-wear, I prefer to save my pennies for bags and shoes, so alas I’m wearing an old pair of Nike trainers, Topshop leggings, a Primark tracksuit top and an Adidas vest, but perhaps, if I’m going to be in the presence of other people at the gym, I should consider updating my sports-luxe apparel, right?  - à la  #netasporter style.


Do you work out? What do you tend to do and does you exercise routine change with the seasons?





Later x

19 comments:

  1. Morning Colleen! I echo you. Love fall for all those reasons but when it comes to work out outdoor, is a drama for me since I really suffer the cold. I enjoy to walk/run and totally hate the gym but this year Im changing my mind and thinking to enroll in it. My clothes when working out are old stuff usually, I dont want to waste money as well in something so expensive if then have to sweat!:) You look smashing lady, what an amazing silhouette you have! You are so fit! Happy MOnday and have a wonderful week! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes true true, spending loads on clothes that are going to get sweaty is just not cool ha ha x

      Delete
  2. I quit the gym many years ago but the cold is a block for me snd I still can't get used up the cold after all these years. Each year I say I will start a new regime but city life has it's own stresses that I just adore bring home more than being slim...but I sm now aware of health benefits as opposed to weight so I must get going and no excuses right??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely babe, exercise is not just about being slim so yes no excuses. You're not totally sedentary though because you have a pup to walk every day don't you? Maybe your target could be increasing the pace? x

      Delete
  3. Dear Colleen, i´m more the spring/summer type but i know the fall has nice sides too.All these great colors in the forest makes my happy and lift up my mood. And sport too.
    I like jogging outside, even at winter. There is no bad weather, only bad clothes. ;)
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can't argue with that: ''no bad weather, only bad clothes'' ha ha

      Delete
  4. Great attitude ! Keep it up. xox

    Please stop by my blog:
    http://www.theflamboyante.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovin' your trainers! I'm sure I've told you that I now have a growing collection of funky trainers. I want yours! Haha. Yes, as you know, I do Zumba. I do three types: Zumba Fitness, Zumba Toning, and new current favourite which is Zumba In the Circuit. I love the latter coz it's a combination of cardio and resistance training. Luckily, my instructors decided to run it for the whole of October. Fingers crossed it becomes permanent. It's so great that I forget to pause. The combination of dancing and weigh training is absolutely wonderful. If I had time to go to the gym mid-day or earlier during the day, I would love to do LA Fitness' 20/20/20 which is a combo of everything or a 20-minute abs tone or combi or abs and back. I hate back fat coz I love wearing low-back or backless tops (not here though). I tend to exercise more in winter coz I want to sweat. There you have it, an essay of a reply. Hope you're having a lovely week so far xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. loved the reply - always curious to know what other people are doing. You know I've never tried Zumba, in fact I've never done a class; I don't know whether it's the training in a group or being lectured at to 'keep going' lol, but I'm willing to try anything once so I need to find a friend to go with I think. I like the idea of Zumba circuit with the cardio and resistance, which I try to incorporate into my regime as well. Oooh you minx you with the low-back tops - go girl! xx

      Delete
  6. Nice pictures and I want to have such a figure healthy as yours ... I know !!... I have to watch my diet and do sports ... Jajajaj.
    I love the post !!!
    http://www.pperlenoirstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know, boring, but we've got to do it! ha ha

      Delete
  7. I do yoga year round - and any other exercise regimes I try, I make sure I can do them in my home, so I don't have to worry about the weather. It's always cold and wet in Vancouver, this system just seemed more practical :) With that said, that means my workout wear isn't exactly glamourous. But since no one really sees it, it doesn't matter, and that way I can save my money for shoes and bags!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried yoga yet but yep I'm with you about saving the money for shoes and bags x

      Delete
  8. No excuses!
    My new slogan from now on.

    You look great in your active wear. Love your kicks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I try to stick to that slogan as often as I can ha ha

      Delete
  9. I understand that the nasty weather is not a motivation for your excercises ... although you look so fit and beautiful in your rain clothes! Exercises outdoor? I think you know that I daily walk with my husband, equal from the weather. But I think a walk is not comparable with the professional exercises you are doing.

    Wish you a happy week and as good weather as possible!

    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx