Sunday, October 26, 2014

WHEN IT COMES TO FOOD

You don't have to ask me twice (I apologise in advance for all the foodie pics)





After having to work last Sunday, I was really looking forward to just doing my usual Sunday workout followed by a relaxing session of being chair-bound in front of the TV and fire with a good glossy and some yummy food; so when my friend called me and asked what I was doing, I whimpered and very hesitantly replied, “nothing”, because I knew what was coming next. I was going to have to leave my position, find some clothes to put on and get in the car to some specified destination. I was right!  She wanted to indulge her culinary desires at the Birmingham MAC Food Market, and sought a fellow foodie to accompany her. Well, when it comes to food, you don’t have to ask me twice, and it was an excuse to wear my new Zara skirt and don the Adidas Stan Smiths again.


The MAC Birmingham celebrates the art of food with a monthly food market (last Sunday of the month) and features a host of local artisan producers selling their wares: from coffee beans, fruit,  herbs and preserves, to meats, cheeses, cakes, chocolates and more. It’s not an event you attend specifically for ‘healthy’ food, albeit there is a small selection, but it’s a great way to sample some yummy delights from the various artisans who present their local produce on the stalls.

What's your ideal Sunday?










Jumper Topshop
Skirt  Zara
Bag Mulberry Lily
Shoes  Adidas Stan Smith


8 comments:

  1. Omg! I told you before that you look fabulous. I love the hairstyle, so unique. I wanna try this and your skirt and that addias sneakers are just super cute. I am a fan of all these yummy food. I need to visit Birmingham. Been there twice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you certainly have to tell me when you decide to come so I can buy you a coffee x

      Delete
  2. Oh well, my ideal Sunday is just like yours: tv, glossy, yummy food on the sofa. But when it comes to food, I can make exceptions too! You do not have to apologize Colleen, all these photos made me want to go to the kitchen and eat a piece of choco!:) Wish I was there once and take part in it, for sure a great event for all the gourmets :) And WOW! You are awesome, love ur hair, ur skirt and the bag, u see, it has my name on it!:) Have a wonderful week ahead Colleen! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are the best Sundays aren't they. Thanks Lillii x

      Delete
  3. Dear Colleen, i´m sure this was a great event. That would be a paradise for my. I love food. The must time t try to eat healthy, but sometime i´m a weak and can´t stop eating cookies.
    Your hairstyle looks fantastic. I had to look twice, because i was not sure, is it you. ;)
    Have a great week, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw thanks Cla, yeah I like to change up the hair every now and again x

      Delete
  4. I can imagine dear Colleen in the end it was not too bad that your friend took you to this market :) But I understand you, sometimes it's so comfortable at home and not the best alternative to leave ... Nevertheless it must be really a wonderful market and I'm sure buying food is simply fun there. My ideal Sunday? I like it to sleep long, to have a long breakfast with reading many newspapers and magazines, afterwards having a long walk with my husband. After this I like it to go to a cafe. And in the evening I cook normally something special for my family. Wish you a happy rest of the week, dear Colleen!

    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. No need to apologise for all your foodie photos - I always like to see your pictures of food! I especially like the first one. This sounds like my idea of a great Sunday and I would have spent a fortune I'm sure! I get completely carried away at markets like this one. A perfect casual Sunday outfit and I love the hairstyle too!

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx