Sunday, December 14, 2014

ITS BEGINNING TO FEEL A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS

So sacrifices have to be made



My bouts of absence from the blogosphere are comparable to my bouts of colds (as in the viral infection rather than the weather): they happen approximately three times a year; appear to arrive when I’m super busy; and leave me feeling a bit down. Well, this is my third bout of absenteeism from blogging this year (although fortunately I haven’t had a cold this winter, touch wood), so may I take this opportunity, again, to apologise for the lack of posts; and instead of cramming in a collection of hastily-written posts just to maintain consistency, I’ve decided to resume the blogging again in the New Year and get on with some other lovely activities that traditionally take over my life during the festive season:
  • Tying up end-of-year loose ends at work so I can enjoy a longer Christmas break
  • Taking on extra projects to afford me some new bags and shoes, and some luxury travel in 2015
  • Shopping for gifts for others
  • Shopping in the sales for me
  • Catching up with family and friends across the UK – wining and dining and exchanging presents
  • Attending work-related and non-work-related Christmas parties and dinners
  • Exercising more to compensate for all the extra treats -  have you ever taken my calorie awareness quiz?
  • Enjoying some me-time after a long day or week

I wish you all a Merry Christmas, and a Healthy and Happy New Year. I’m hoping to find this baby under my tree this year, but I’ll let you know whether my wish came true when I return in 2015 or on Instagram.


Aspinal of London



Later x

7 comments:

  1. Hi Colleen, as I read the phrase under the title I laughed a lot! Oh, seems you are having a pretty hectic time and I can get you so well. I think these other activities in which you are busy now are perfectly understable and I really hope you are enjoying this time of the year at the best. I really hope you will find that treasure under the tree, how cute is it, I want it too!:) Happy holidays dear Colleen, make the most of them! We will chat then on IG for the proper wishes! Many hugs! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i want this Baby too under the Christmas tree, what a fantastic clutch!!

    Slowly, i´m also in the Christmas mood. But the time for Christmas i always a little bit stressful and i hope i can relax between the years. I hope you enjoy the activities during the festival.
    Dear Colleen, i wish you happy holidays, have a great time with your family. Kisses Cla


    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so behind on my blog reading (and my posts!) after a long weekend away and all the Christmas preparations! As you say, it's such a hectic time but it's so important to enjoy every minute of the festive season. Your first photo is absolutely stunning!
    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year too and hoping that Father Christmas is good to you! Thank you so much for all your comments during the year. I always look forward to reading what you have to say! I know how busy you are and I really appreciate your visits! ,,,,,,,,Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess what, you were not the only one absent! I will confess I felt better after I read about your absence, cause I wasn't here anymore - I meant the blogosphere in general! But now I am coming back little by little! I liked your list very much! Luxury travel and luxury bags are amazing! Being together with family too! And I also wish you a great Christmas and new year and may you write more in 2015! (and me too - and yes, no cold :)
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ❊..(
    ✿.(,)
    ❊|::::|.☆¸.¤ª“˜¨
    ✿|::::|)/¸.¤ª“˜¨˜“¨
    ❊|::¸.¤ª“˜¨¨˜“¨
    ✿%¤ª“˜¨¨ᴳᴼᴼᴰ
    ❊#ª“˜¨ ᴺᴵᴳᴴᵀ﹗
    Feliz Navidad y Próspero Año Nuevo 2015!!!
    ♥Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello dear Colleen, no matter how many bouts you are taking - the main point is that you are back and that you are healthy! Hopefully you fulfilled what you planned and you enjoy at the moment a wonderful Christmas time. Looking forward to your posts in the next year, especially to the bags you will show then as I read from your project :) Merry Christmas!

    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena
    International Giveaway: Christmas Surprise with Self Interest
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. How was your Christmas? And blogging hiatus happens to every blogger, but it is great that you still have your health this time of year. As for your list, travel is definitely on my list too so hopefully we can both make that happen! I hope that you have a great day! I would love to follow each other, just let me know! Please keep in touch :)
    Bree
    Quirky, Brown Love

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx