Sunday, February 08, 2015

HATS OFF TO ME!

I've done a bit of DIY for my beloved hats



It’s been a busy couple of weeks for me at work, which has resulted in very little ‘me’ time, but it’s all good because I've had this weekend to look forward to; a weekend where I had no work, no friends/family commitments and no domestic duties -  a weekend planned just for me! With days like these I like to experiment in the kitchen, spend time in the great outdoors, catch up on television programmes I've missed and do a little bit of playful DIY, the latter being the subject of this post.






During one of my tedious train journeys I read about a DIY project on making a hanging copper hat rack. You know I love hats……………I currently have all my many hats hanging on a coat stand one on top of the other and therefore thought it would be entertaining (for me) to try my hand at making a hat rack that was a little quirkier and showed off my hat collection a little more than the existing one. According to the instructions, all I needed was a copper pipe, pegs and some rope (although I only had string), so I got to work and voila! I’m not sure if I’m going to keep it yet, I’ll probably try it again using thicker rope and more attractive pegs, and I’m curious to see whether I’m left with peg marks on my hats -  that’s a definite no no – and where am I going to put all my other hats?





Later x

15 comments:

  1. Morning Colleen! Im glad you finally had a free weekend, can imagine how busy you were/are. I have a huge passion for hats too and actually Im always in trouble on how organize them. This DIY is just so cute and lovely, I wish I had a free space in the wall to do the same, even though have to admit Im not good with this kind of job, as Im so lazy!:P You look so smashing in the first pic, super stylish outfit and gorgeous you!:) Many kisses dear, have a great week! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lili and it didn't take long at all. I'm not good with fiddly DIY x

      Delete
  2. Omg! I just thought the second pic was from Pinterest!!! Didn't know you were so crafty... Looks really lovely and your hat collection is quite vast. I had two hats but I rarely wear them unless I'm in the sun. You should pin this xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaaw thanks hun, but I don't think I could manage any more social media platforms ha x

      Delete
    2. I need to quote you - i don't think i could manage any more social media platforms! hehe

      Delete
  3. Dear Colleen,
    I am already impressed that you have so many hats. But you also have a hat face (hope this it teh right word ;) ) . You can wear fantastic hats and caps. I only wear hats for protection for the sun.
    Your DIY is such a great idea to carry all your hats. And it look stylish in a room.
    The first picture of you looks right out of a magazine, GREAT!! Wish you a very nice week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aah yes I know exactly what you mean about a hat face - thank you and thanks for the compliment x

      Delete
  4. Dear Colleen, your idea is fantastic!!! I love the hats too!!!
    I have a shop the hats and bags in Spain and is a big problem to place well...
    You look so pretty in the first photo!!!
    Have a nice day!!! my g+ for you!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool, I'd love a hat and bag shop!

      Delete
  5. That's a great idea. Well done to you! Better yet, hats off to you, indeed! Hahaha. It's not only practical, it's also an interior decor. Fingers crossed, the wooden pegs won't leave a mark on the hats. Other than that, it's a brilliant idea! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darling, and the pegs didn't leave a mark x

      Delete
  6. That's definitely a great idea!!!! I love when things are shown! I have some hats in boxes and I never remember which is where :) I hope you have more "me" moments with great inspiration!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise, mine were covered one on top of the other.

      Delete
  7. Wow, what a great idea and a complete success! Your hat wall really makes a statement and looks fabulous. You have such a lovely slelection and it would be a shame not to have them out on display. I so often admire hats on others and you definitely suit them. I tend to wear a hat on holiday sometimes if the sun is very strong and I like hats for weddings as they really complete an outfit but maybe I should be more adventurous and buy some for daily wear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's more, that's the downside: I couldn't fit them all on.

      Delete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx