Sunday, May 17, 2015

FOODIES FESTIVAL

Of course I went


Apologies for the cliché peace sign hand gesture; I was in festival mood at this weekend’s Birmingham Foodies Festival at Canon Hill Park. I was so grateful for the dry and sunny weather because, in my opinion, it would have really spoiled the event if it had been a wash-out. We walked around in the open air amongst other foodies shuffling from tent to tent, food stall to food stall, and cooking demo to cooking demo enquiring about and, in some cases, sampling the culinary delights.

Believe it or not, I’m not a massive fan of ‘street food’ so I didn't really indulge in many of the dishes on offer; nonetheless I enjoyed the atmosphere, music and the little treats we did snack on. It’s also set in the beautiful surroundings of Canon Hill Park so we took the opportunity to meander around the grounds, idolise the landscaped gardens and soak up the sunshine. The Foodies Festival is not a Birmingham specific event, it is hosted nationally with its next stop being Syon Park on 23-25 May.

In light of the ever-growing health movement inspired by the likes of Delciously Ella and Hemsley & Hemsley, I was surprised not to see a few more healthier, more whole-food options on offer – I did manage to find a few specific health-related vendors scattered amongst the hog roasts, beer stalls and barbecued burgers/sausages though. 

(Sorry-not-sorry for all the photos.)














WHAT I WORE:
I tried to get into the festival spirit with a maxi skirt (Warehouse) and a cropped top (Topshop) and despite the sunshine, it was a little nippy so I donned my Firetrap (House of Fraser) biker jacket.

Later x

16 comments:

  1. Ahh, you rock! Colleen, you were utterly gorgeous, one of my fav look from you, the hippie/festival inspired style just suits you! I would have love to be there too, though Im not a fan of "street food" either, I would have been curious to try some dishes and snacks. too. Im in love with your skirt and your smashing smile, just flawless! Many hugs and hope u have a lovely week ahead! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaah I thought it was just me who didn't like street food - ha ha. Thanks for your kind words lovely x

      Delete
  2. Lucky with the weather because it looks like you are in another country! I love street food! But then we have such literal taste lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice! Everything - the food festival and your outfit! I loved the photos and to see the lovely weather! I liked he veg boxes and the whole atmosphere that the pictures transmit! I like days like that, sunny but still a bit fresh - I loved your jacket and skirt, really a very nice outfit for a festival, be it for food or music :) You really look stunning!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. food and music is always a good combo! The veg boxes are cool, right? - I'm yet to try the company that delivers them.

      Delete
  4. Dear Colleen, you had a perfect festival weather, sunny but not to hot. And your stylish outfit was perfect too. I love it, if you wear hats.
    I´m like you and not a big fan of festival food, but i´m sure with all these delicious odors i could not resist. Thank you for all theses inspiring pictures. This looks like much fun.
    Wish you a great week dear Colleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah another one who isn't in to festival food, how interesting. The atmosphere was great though!

      Delete
  5. Dear Colleen, for me it's the same! I'm neither a fan of "street food" and mostly when I saw really a lot to eat I lose immediately my hunger :) You look so happy and in festival mood on the pictures and I have still the opinion that maxi skirts are fitting you so well. Hopefully you had an enjoying week so far <3
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'm chuckling to myself because I really didn't expect so many people to dislike street/festival food ha ha. The ice cream and smoothies were yummy though! x

      Delete
  6. Food Festivals really appeal to me as it's often an opportunity to discover new foods or gadgets and I enjoy cookery demonstrations. The last one we attended was Taste Dubai which was fun. I'm surprised too that you didn't see more healthy options. This looks such a colourful event though in a lovely location. Your photos as always are wonderful! I'm finally catching up on my blog reading after a hectic few weeks and hopefully I will find time to post again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This outfit is Awesome! This is the first time i hear about food festivals I just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting post :-) I love your blog! Would you like us to follow eachother on GFC and keep in touch?
    I m from turkey !! XX

    http://beautybeybi.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Catching up on my blog reading. Just wanted to say you look gorgeous! Love the skirt, crop top, and leather jacket combo. That would have killed me from heat exhaustion just a couple of weeks ago. Hahaha xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx