Sunday, June 21, 2015

MIND OVER MATTER


Let's do it in style.




So here I am trying to fit in the government’s recommended 150 minutes of physical activity per week. I don’t usually use park equipment, this was just for the sake of photography for the blog but I do love to do my outdoor runs in this local park, especially at this time of year. Anyway, you may recall from a previous post that I don’t usually like to spend my disposable income on fancy and expensive activewear. Looking stylish whilst working out has never really been on my agenda, so I’d usually just throw on a pair of old Topshop leggings and a Primark tee-shirt to get my sweat on.

Recently, thanks to Instagram, I have stumbled upon some great activewear brands that I have been really tempted to invest in; sportswear pieces that have fashion-forward abstract prints and colourful hues, with the functional design you’d expect from gym apparel have really started to appeal to me. In fact, last week I wrote a post on the Birmingham Fashion Week blog about fitness fashion -  a trend that is not only getting the fitness devotees excited but the fashion community too (you can see my fitness fashion post here).

I am still quite reluctant to spend close to £100 on a pair of ‘designer’ workout leggings and vests so for now I’m staying loyal to Forever 21’s activewear range, which I discovered only a few weeks ago. I've been really impressed with the quality and, of course, the easy-on-the-wallet price of their pieces -  I’ll be going back to purchase some of their more snazzy leggings.

Wearing:
-Vest; Crop-Top; Leggings (which have pockets yeaaah)  - all Forever 21
-Trainers - Adidas Women
-Hat - Adidas







Later x

16 comments:

  1. You go girl, such an outstanding shooting, so impressed with all the photos! Btw, as you I usually dont love to splurge in sportswear, always wear old stuff in which I can "freely" sweat. But now, Im so curious to check out Forever21, here we havent the store but I do love to browse the site and is one of my fav. I totally like the vest and the leggings, I want a pair with pockets too! And what a coincidence, just yday Ive bought 2 crop top as urs, one in red and another in grey, in a low cost Italian store here. Hope u had a good weekend Colleen, wish u a great week ahead! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love their selection and most importantly the price of their active-wear range. Thanks Lilli x

      Delete
  2. Very nice arms, you look fabulous! It's also good to know that 150 min a week are recommended for working out - I will try... I want to try, thanks for sharing the information, I didn't know! It's true, I wouldn't pay £100 for leggings... I mean, I am a bit crazy, who knows, but as far as I know about me, no, I wouldn't :) So I support your Forever 21 work out clothes - they are lovely! I loved the pictures!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise - I hope you get to be more active. I don't always manage to fit in the 150 minutes, but I certainly try!

      Delete
  3. Dear Colleen,
    no matter what you are wearing, you look fantastic. You have the perfect body and your nickname shout be "Mcbody" ;)
    I also pay not much money for my exercice closes. Hey i´m sweating in it. :) Forever 21 sounds great and i will check the shop. Your work out pictures in this park looks looks very sporty, love it!
    Wish you a nice week dear Colleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaaw thanks for your kind words, ha ha McBody, love it!

      Delete
  4. How much for your arms and shoulders? Hahaha. Love 'em! I don't buy expensive activewear either. I have a few good ones, then mix them with brands from Sports Direct. I may have to get some lighter ones for this new fitness routine I'm doing. Will check out Forever 21. I need to get back to my regime coz I'm going to a wedding (not mine!!) and got this slinky dress from the sales--won't look good on flabby all. Hahahaha. Hope you're having a lovely week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look really muscular in this shot, right? I don't know why but hey. I 'd like to get some more vibrant leggings I think - curious to know more about this new fitness routine though. Maybe you can tell us over on your blog. Hope you're well x

      Delete
  5. Dear Colleen, wow, you are so well in shape! Like you I don't want to spend too much money for fitness wear and thank you therefore for sharing this here. And are your really sure that you don't reach the 150 minutes the government is recommending for sports? Hope you had a fantastic week so far!
    xx Rena
    International Giveaway: Bags are More Than Fun for Me
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try but I don't reach it consistently every week unfortunately x

      Delete
  6. You look great in your new activewaer and I really would not have guessed that it was from Forever 21. Must pop in there and take a look! I like to buy good quality fitness outfits and I do feel better if I am wearing comfortable yet attractive leggings etc. but there's no way I would spend a fortune. I find it so much easier to go out to exercise classes in the summer when it's warmer and the evenings are light. Now I'm off to check out your fashion fitness post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miss B and yes I agree the summer days and nights certainly make it easier to exercise I think.

      Delete
  7. nice post :)

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm the same, I got all my workout gear from Primark & the trainers from Nike. You have an amazing body!! :D x

    http://machachu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow.. I envy you.. you are such a healthy and sporty person.. and I am the complete opposite! hate sporty and eat junk:( and workout and look so stylish and cool is even harder! you look amazing hun.. so amazing i began thinking about doing some push ups myself!!

    http://rosdays.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to know about your workout sessions and wishing you to achieve your target soon. I too have got inspired from my friend and planning to start doing yoga and workouts. Searching online for best workout gear and looking for best workout clothes for gym.

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx