Sunday, June 07, 2015

NEW PROJECT


Birmingham International Fashion Week Blogger Ambassador


It’s been a gorgeous, sunny weekend here in the UK, in fact it certainly felt warmer than the 18C forecast by the weather presenter so I took full advantage knowing that it’s unlikely to last long. Consequently, I've done none of the work-related tasks I had planned to over the past couple of days, including a blog post, except one. I've been invited to be a Birmingham International Fashion Week Blogger Ambassador and I published my first blog post on their website on Friday, and my first post discussed my favourite fashion accessory: handbags, in particular Boyarde-painted handbags (as shown in the image below). If you get a moment, perhaps when the weather turns grey again, go check it out -  here.


Birmingham International Fashion Week takes place in September and although it’s not on the grand scale of LFW, NYFW and PFW, you’ll know I like to show my support for my city in whatever they do, especially if it is fashion or health related.

Have a great week y’all.

Later x

8 comments:

  1. Hello Colleen! Glad you enjoyed the weekend! Have done the same, also staying aways the more possible from the net. Yay, congrats, you rock! So happy for you, they couldnt pick a better person than you. Have read your article and I liked it a lot, Im not surprised you talk about handbags as your first topic, being a bag lover as me! Btw, the work of that painter is just so cool and fun, I was wondered though as those bags are always luxury bag but her designs are very original and bright. Have you too a great week ahead, hugs! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. congrads Colleen.. I am so happy for you and for your cith that embraces fashion !!!! you are the best pick someome can do! I read your article and thought to my self that if I had to write it I would first of all will share my bags obsession! it was a joy to read it!!

    Hope the weather will continue to show off..:))

    kisses,


    http://rosdays.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's great, congratulations! I think it's a great opportunity and I will read the article after I write the comment :) I am sure it's great - and the bag looks amazing! I know how you love handbags, so the topic for the article seems perfect!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Colleen,
    in read the article. Great job and the perfect topic for you, handbags. ;) You can be proud of yourself, this is amazing!
    We had hot summer days last weekend too in Germany and i enjoy the sun. Sometimes it´s important for the soul to be lazy. ;)
    Wish a a great week dear Colleen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pop art meets luxury! Well done on your piece :) I'm reminded of the time when Gucci came up with their rose-painted Boston bag. Everyone went crazy for it. I think it's nice if you have lots of those luxury bags and you wouldn't mind doing that on one of those, but I don't think I'll get any brush near my bags, excpet my makeup brush. Hahaha. Hope you're having a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Colleen! I always think of you when I hear Birmingham and if that's not a great ambassador then I don't know what is! I will go and check out your article - stay safe xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Colleen, congratulations, they have chosen definitly the right person! You know about what you write and I am directly happy to know you expert at least virutally :) Hope this weekend will be as amazing for you!
    xx Rena
    International Giveaway: Bags are More Than Fun for Me
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! (A little belated but I'm still trying to get back into my normal blogging routine!) I know how proud you are of your city and I imagine that you must have been delighted to have been invited to be an Ambassador. I've just popped over there to read your article and as a huge handbag fan, I enjoyed reading all about these unique designs. They certainly make a statement and would be a conversation starter!

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx