Sunday, July 05, 2015

AN INTRODUCTION TO BOSTON TEA PARTY

and it's a thumbs up from her.




 I, like most people, have a list of restaurants that I can rely on to meet my needs. An eatery that offers a delicious menu with some healthy options to choose from, a welcoming service with smiley and easy-going staff, a great atmosphere conducive to being able to work or rest, and a space where you look around at the décor/furnishings before you look at the menu always ticks my boxes and guarantees a position on my list of best local restaurants to dine – included on this list is Boston Tea Party (BTP).

I love finding out about new restaurants and when I realised my friend hadn’t heard of BTP I decided I’d introduce her to it for lunch because I knew she had the same ethos as me when it came to eating out. We grabbed ourselves a little spot in the corner overlooking the imposing Grade 1 listed red-brick and terracotta Victoria Law Courts building and chatted away whilst we scanned the relatively affordable menu!

I opted for the ‘super salad’  because I hadn’t long had breakfast and fancied something light; it was packed with avocado, mango, radish, sprouting seeds, leaves, nuts, seeds and lentils (you can add some chicken for a boost of protein for a an extra couple of quid) which really complemented my fresh kiwi and banana smoothie. Selina, my friend, chose the ‘smoked salmon, scrambled eggs & avocado on toast’ - no she doesn’t blog or post on Instagram despite the cliché dish, she’s just a proper health chick like me. The verdict…….well let’s just say she declared she’d be coming back again. There’s no collaboration going on here, just simply a recommendation in case you stumble upon the BTP sign and wonder whether you should go in!

What I wore: 
Top - Mango;  Culottes - Zara;    Sandals - River Island;  Bag - Aspinal of London










Later x

20 comments:

  1. Hello Colleen! Ah, I have a similar list for my city as well, though I do love to discover and try new places too. This one just look flawless for me and Id like to go right now, your friend have enjoyed it a lot. I like your choice, your friend's one even more as I would have probably posted on IG!:PP You were so stunning and glam Colleen, such a cool, effortless and stylish look, well done! Hope u had a good weekend, have a great start into the week! Hugs! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lilli, ha ha yes avocado on toast is such a typical Instagram photo, right? You too have a lovely week x

      Delete
  2. Dear Colleen, you look very cool and wonderful summerly in your culottes look! And honestly now I'm a bit sad that this restaurant is so far away from Bavaria ... I would love to visit it as I trust you and what you show here looks so yummy. Hopefully you are well and you have also such wonderful summer weather we have here in Bavaria. Happy new week, dear Colleen!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the weather has been lovely for the past week but not very consistent. Thank you for your kind words Rena x

      Delete
  3. You look cute as usual - are you using a different camera? your pics look so professional! meanwhile i am still on iphone...PS i must do something about mental block on seeds...xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "cute" now I've not been described as that in a while ha ha. Yeah same camera, just finding my way around the settings a bit more, finally! Two of the photos are taken with my iphone - can you guess which ones lol xx

      Delete
  4. Everything with avocado, wow! I loved the dishes (salad and avocado wise) and the decor - I took a look at the place, of course, looking for a nice atmosphere. And this place looks nice; I loved the drinks, I loved the "glass/cup.jam glass" :) So sweet! By the way, I also loooved your bag! You always look fabulous and I like your restaurants finds so much!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do love me some avocado and it came with both dishes. Yes my new addition to the bag collection - I might not manage to get away much this year because of work so I treated myself to another bag!

      Delete
  5. Dear Colleen, I also like to find you special places and restaurants and a good atmosphere is very important for me. I also prefer a good table to see the whole room and people. I like watching people. ;)
    Your pictures talk for them self, this restaurant looks really friendly and comfy and even you food pictures looks great. I would love to go with you to that place. :)

    Dear Colleen, your new blog design inspired me to change my blog layout too. So I contacted Jay skukkeberg and today he change it. Iits not perfect at the moment, I work on it. thank you for the inspiration. Have a nice and sunny week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaaaah!! I just popped over and had a look at your new site and it's looking great already, I'm glad I inspired you to have a change - Smukkeberg was really good and efficient!

      Yes if you get the right seat, this restaurant is great for people watching too. Thank you Cla.

      Delete
  6. Very chic :) I have a similar top, by the way :) I love the interior of the restaurant, and the glasses for tea. Your photos are looking great as well. Well done! And oh, the little bag--so cute :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a good interior in a restaurant!

      Delete
  7. Me too!!!! I love resturants - old, new, familer and those who I discover by accidentally.. this place is so pretty.. and rthe food looks so delicious!! I bet your friend truly enjoyed it!! and your ourfit-WOW! you look so easy and cool and happy... totally inlove whis this bag.. what a candy!

    http://rosdays.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha love it "candy" indeed! Thanks Ros!

      Delete
  8. Really nice pics!

    https://voxofvanity.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and delicious place!!! you look so pretty!!!
    Have a nice day, dear Colleen!!! and my g+ for you!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I happened to be lucky that my friend couldn't find a date for an event so he generously took me with him, which happened to be one of the best experience for me in recent times. I was lucky enough to see Seattle venues. If you get a chance to check this out please do so.

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx