Sunday, July 26, 2015

SUMMER SEASON

Spring temperatures.



August is just a week away and at this time of year I expected to be showing off my, what have been described as, ‘Michelle Obama arms’ every day – those press ups make all the difference gals - instead, there’s a subtle chill in the air that warrants a summer jacket to take the edge off those occasional goose pimples. I don’t think we are ever going to get consistent days of hot summer sunshine in the UK so an investment in a lightweight jacket as a summer wardrobe staple is always sensible. Looking in my wardrobe I realised I only had a 6 year old blue denim jacket, a long black funeral-resembling duster coat and dark coloured work-style blazers, all weather-appropriate for this time of year but…..……...it was time for a summer coat upgrade; I needed something transitional, something light, in weight and colour, and something that ticked my functional style check-list – hello pink duster coat!

A cheeky weekend Brunch - What I wore:
Duster Coat, Marks& Spencer          Wedges/sandals, Jones               Bag/clutch,  Aspinal of London









Later x

8 comments:

  1. Morning Colleen! Lol, I need one too as is definitely something my wardrobe misses, congrats on your new purchase, is way lovely and suits you very well! Looking effortless stylish and beautiful, great wedges and bag too. Happy Monday Colleen, have a nice week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am someone who admires Michelle Obama's arms, and maybe even envy, though I dislike this word, but in this case, it's this way - her arms are so perfect! A 6 year old denim jacket may be cool, but your new purchase is amazing! I loved the coat and how you combined it - the jeans are great and the bag, wow, sooo sweet! I liked the beans as well, and miss them very much :) This year of college is nice, but I am eager to go back to Bewdley! Hope you have a very nice week, dear Colleen, you look really fabulous!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Colleen, I also say hello to your new Duster Jacked. The jacket is a great choice and perfect for summer. Pretty and lightweight. You look very stylish in your outfit. I'm sure the nice sandals are comfy. I like wedges very much. And even the little black bag is very cute. I like to wear the whole look immediately.
    Have a very nice week dear Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Colleen, it suits you perfectly this new light coat - the duster pink and the loose shape are a great add to your wardrobe! so I think you found just the perfect one!!!! (oohh.. I evny UK weather. the heat here is unbearable !) missing fall to buy a simller one myself!

    p.s - you look fab girl! your styling is so cool and classy at the same time -!!

    kisses,

    http://rosdays.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Colleen,
    yes to your new pale pink coat! I'm convinced you will be happy for years with this coat and you combined this timeless piece simple perfect. Here in Bavaria you need normally also nearly during the complete year coats - only this summer was unusual warm so far. Hope you are well and you enjoy the summer!
    xx Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and elegant look!!! I LOVE your style, dear friend!!!!
    Have a nice day!!! and my g+ for you!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just thinking a couple of days ago that I needed a lightweight coat (this 'summer' weather is so disappointing!) I love everything about your new purchase and it's such a versatile colour too. Your brunch has me craving a full English breakfast too! I haven't had one for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm late for this post, but anyhow, just wanted to tell you that you look very chic :) I think you're wearing my coat and wedges. Hahahaha. I'm tempted to post a photo of me wearing exactly the same. Hahahahaha. Anyway, have a lovely week hun xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx