Sunday, August 02, 2015

HARVEY NICHOLS

Open their newly refurbished doors in Birmingham





Birmingham welcomed the long awaited re-opening of the newly refurbished Harvey Nichols store last Friday, and as much as I’d love this post to be about all the Louboutins, Valentinos and Mulberrys I invested in whilst walking around the sensational store, I’m afraid I can only share what we ate for brunch in their stylish new restaurant whose menu is curated by Michelin-starred chef, Glynn Purnell. Apologies in advance for the quality of the pictures, there was no natural light - perfect for my skin tone when on a date, but not great for blogging - I've not worked out how to operate my camera in ambient settings yet!


I’m always reluctant to opt for scrambled eggs when I’m dining out because I’m quite fussy about how they are cooked, but without sounding like a blogger who was sponsored to write this post (I’m not!), I can honestly say they were among the best scrambled eggs (apart from mine) I have tasted: hot, flavoursome, not too runny, not too firm and served with rashers of bacon, a pancake and some warm sourdough bread which made my taste buds dance about; this specific combination of foods was not on the menu, instead I cherry picked my individual favourites from the other menu options (a waiter’s worst nightmare, right? Well mine was very accommodating.). My friend chose the oeuf cocotte with oxsprings ham and Manchego cheese which I had not heard of before and, admittedly, it seemed a little too adventurous for my taste, but she assures me it was delicious!










Later x

15 comments:

  1. Morning Colleen! Lol, you made me smile! Id probably preferred the same but even their restaurant is definitely an amazing place to blog about. The decor is super classy and chic, and I seei their food are for pure and real gourmet. You were super stylish and gorgeous, Im in love with your look! And dont worry, the pics turned out great as ever. Have a nice week, many kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the decor is super stylish, I felt right at home ha ha x

      Delete
  2. It all looks great and believe me, the lights are OK, I could see all very well! It's good to know about HN in B-ham, I will love going there! And the restaurant! I remember the good restaurant and happy hour bar in London, and I bet this one is great or even better! I will try the eggs, as you recommended, if I survived the craziness of walking among all the great brands HN sells :) Eager to go there now! I loved that you shared this post! Hope you have a very nice week, dear Colleen!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise, I do prefer the B'ham one just simply because it's a bit smaller than the London store - I don't like really big stores.

      Delete
  3. Oh silly, your photos are great! Just perfect for the ambience. Very posh! I think you captured exactly how the place looked like in the flesh. I can imagine that lighting. I'd love that in my bathroom. The Mr is the same when it comes to scrambled eggs and potatoes. And I'm the same with rice. I just let him cook the eggs to make sure it's perfect. He's not easy with scrambled eggs. He also has a way of predicting if the food will be bad in a restaurant: by how the cutlery looks like. I know! Funny thing is, he's always right :D Anyway, enjoy the newly refurbished Harvey Nichs. Hopefully, a new purchase will be featured soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw thanks about the photos, I was getting very agitated with my camera. Oh yes rice is another one I can be fussy with. Ha ha, the cutlery thing is so funny. I tend to go by the toilets and the bread - usually if a restaurant has good toilets and the bread basket is good, I find I'm in for a good meal! xx

      Delete
  4. Dear Colleen, no reason to be unsure about the pictures. The photos ar fantastic like ever. I like this special kind of light. The place and the ambiente looks very classic. The food makes me mouthwatering.
    Dear Colleen thank you for showing so many great places at Birningham. You inspire me to visit this city sometimes.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ambient lighting is my favourite, it's just not great for photos. Well do let me know if you ever visit!

      Delete
  5. So chick and classy. hope you had a wonderful time :)

    xx
    Danny

    d'stars
    *d'stars*

    ReplyDelete
  6. how do you make scrambled eggs?? i love those chairs with the brass legs!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha, probably much the same as everybody else - over the stove in a frying pan, but I do add onions and tomatoes to mine to give it some bite, but it's more the texture I have a problem with. If it's too runny like in most hotels it's a no no and if it's too firm, well, I just don't like it x

      Delete
  7. Nice post!!! and lovely place!!!
    Have a nice day, dear Colleen!! and my g+ for you!!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. The refurbishment has been a huge success! The restaurant looks so stylish and attractive. It's a coincidence that we also had brunch at Harvey Nichols in Manchester the weekend before last and I had the most amazing scrambled eggs too! It was served with bacon and smoked salmon hash. Wonderful! Your photos are great by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx