Sunday, September 27, 2015

GRAND CENTRAL BIRMINGHAM

A jewel in the crown








I’m sorry to wax lyrical about Birmingham again folks, but something quite magical happened in the city this week, okay magical is possibly the wrong word in your mind, however, I experienced a remarkable and breath-taking development that conjured up unimaginable feelings of excitement and pride: Birmingham’s £150m Grand Central shopping complex finally opened its doors to the public after 5 years being built. My giddiness certainly isn’t about having more opportunity to engage in retail therapy, we already have enough department stores and outlets for that, it’s more to do with my feeling that Birmingham is finally getting the recognition and reputation it deserves as the UK’s ‘second city’, which is inevitably going to benefit the town’s businesses and its customers.


Grand Central is hugely impressive with its glass atrium roof, and sits just above the newly renovated New Street rail station, a station that used to be very dreary and really let the city down; given I spend part of my week passing through the station for work, I’m delighted that I now have an iconic and imposing structure to relax in whilst I wait for my train. As you can imagine there are food courts galore and on my little tour around the complex I found two places that I’ll definitely be frequenting when I want to grab some healthy fast food: Leon and Joe & the Juice, both of which I had never heard of before. Leon produced a delicious chicken, lemon and olive tagine, whilst Joe & the Juice made me a scrumptious banana and avocado milkshake.













Later x

5 comments:

  1. Hello Colleen! I can imagine your excitment and happiness about it, wish i was in Birmingham now and visit it! As u know, I have a passion for malls, unfortunately here we havent only one big, the others are small. Both places where u ate sounds good, especially Id be curious to try that milkshake, scrumptious and healthy indeed! You look so happy and stylish Colleen, the perfect outfit for spending the time there. Have a good week ahead, hugs! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Colleen, first of all, you wear a perfect outfit for a walk at this place. Comfy and stylish at the same time. I love this soft color of the sweater for you.
    Thank you for introducing so many great places at Birningham. If I ever will take a trip to Birningham, know exactly where I can eat healthy and where I got to go for shopping.
    And now I just need your phone no. for calling you. For my personal city guide. ;)
    Wish you a fantastic week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gasp, I leave for some months and all this happens!!! I am so amazed and so eager to go there! The food looks so good! I am trying to change habits and I need this place :) It offers so delicious and healthy food! By the way, you look amazing! I loved the jumper, the color is so nice! I think you look stunning! Yes, Birmingham being the second biggest city in the Uk really needed such a great place like this one seems to be, dear Colleen! Hope you have a great week!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing post..Well done! I really love your blog. Keep going.
    Many kisses
    Lady Fur

    Please check my last post blog www.welovefur.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Colleen, I really understand that you are excited as this new shopping palace is really impressing! Impressing is also your cool and 70s inspired outfit and after reading and watching your post I don't wonder why you are radiating so much happiness :) Wish you many wonderful hours there and have an amazing weekend!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx