Sunday, November 15, 2015

DIY SHOES

In my spare time



After a long working week, a pretty dismal weekend weather forecast and the horrifyingly heartbreaking news about Paris, I was determined to spend my entire Saturday sofa-bound in front of the fire and TV, however, it wasn't long until I started to get a little restless and was itching for something to do.

I ended up occupying my day by immersing myself into some NutriShion work, making some nutty truffle balls, carrying out a few domestic duties and I even took advantage of my disposable time to do a little fashion DIY. You may recall (my hat stand) I like to dabble in a bit of DIY when I get the chance, and whilst recently skimming through the blogosphere, I happened on this idea of updating a pair of existing shoes; all I needed was a pair of heels, some matching tassels and 5 minutes of my time; I passed the loop of the tassel around the strap and pulled the main part of the tassel through the loop and excitedly tried them on……voila -  new (and, might I add, on trend) party shoes for the festive season!
Are  you in to DIY?








Shoes: Steve Madden

Later x

15 comments:

  1. Amazing diy! I love it:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Colleen! Oh wow, you have been so brilliant, well done! The idea is so easy yet so stylish and irresistible, Id like to try it too but Im often pretty lazy when it comes to DIY works lol!:P Love how the sandals suit u! Hope u have a wonderful week ahead my dear, many hugs! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well not that brilliant, it was sooo easy ha ha which is perfect for me because I do not like fiddly DIY x

      Delete
  3. Wow, dear Colleen, your DIY is amazing! So you really took advantage of this day as I can imagine you will the very cool result wear very often. Thanks for the inspiration - yes, sometimes I do some DIY but I have to admit I'm not that patience and therefore it must be a quick and easy DIY. So your DIY is very welcome to me :) Have a good week.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I only engage in easy DIY but I was inspired by it when i saw it so I'm glad you were too! x

      Delete
  4. It really turned to be amazing, dear Colleen! I love DIY, too! It was much better doing that, instead of the news all the time... though I was transfixed and till today I am so shocked, it hit me so badly. But I should have done something to occupy my mind with better thoughts! Your DIY is fantastic, really!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, occupying your mind after a while of being glued to the news does help, albeit only a little. Thanks Denise x

      Delete
  5. Dear Colleen. I'm really bad in DIY, I got two left hands. ;) at the moment e try some Christmas DIY.
    Your idea with the shoes so fantastic. The tassels makes the sandals very special. Perfect Party shoes, dear Colleen! Thank you for the inspiration. Wish you a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha 'two left hands' - well i'm not great but if I see something easy to do i'll have a dabble x

      Delete
  6. you are a clever clogs and i love what you have produced! you could be a designer because that simple touch is very effective. Wish you a happy week Colleen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Colleen.. WOW!!!! those sandals looks so divine on you! love that you are so creative and by adding such a small detail you upgraded and completely transformed your sadales!!!! amazing!!! Have a great weekend:) kisses

    http://rosdays.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty selection!
    Have a nice evening!
    Photographer Gil Zetbase
    http://www.gilzetbase.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW i love these classy tassels dear :) great blog btw

    Check out my new post - Modern styled Christmas inspiration :)

    have a lovely weekend!

    LOVE Maria Inredning - it's Swedish for decor

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx