Sunday, December 06, 2015

A WELLNESS GIFT GUIDE

Based on my personal favourites



I’m quite fortunate that in my close circle of friends and family, we tend to have a unanimous agreement that we don’t spend money on (or endure the anxiety of) buying each other Christmas presents and instead we just enjoy each other’s company when we can over a good drink and an indulgent meal during the festive period; however, that won’t stop me offering you my wellness gift guide - a guide tailored to the health and wellness enthusiast, like myself! If there is anyone reading this and wanting to surprise me with a pressie, I’d happily appreciate any of the gifts below, all of which are available on Amazon, so you can avoid those dreaded shopping queues! What are you hoping for this Christmas?

1. NutriBullet – I have one of these already for blending my milkshakes and fruit smoothies, but now they offer them in different colours to match the accent colours in your kitchen – they are so easy to clean might I add!

2. Kettlebells – I’m a fan of home workouts, so I use these when I want to incorporate muscle strengthening exercises such as squats and lunges into my workout regime

3. Fitbit -  a great little tool to monitor your daily intake and motivate you to do more exercise. I tend to wear a pedometer to track whether I’m doing the suggested 10,000 steps each day but this gadget is a lot more stylish in my opinion

4. Active-wear -  as long as you know the dress or shoes size of the recipient of your gift, active-wear for the fashionable fitness enthusiast is always a good idea

5. Kitchenware – for healthy foodies, the kitchen is probably the haven of the home, and as such we like it to look presentable with pretty little storage accessories such as these mason jars

6. Headphones -  whether power walking to the shop, work or at the gym, these will help put a spring in their step

7.  Recipe books - If you’re buying for a foodie, you can’t go wrong with getting them the latest cookery book

8. Spiralizer -  this is my favourite kitchen gadget at the moment so I had to add it to the list; it just makes vegetables a lot  more interesting

Happy Festive Shopping!

Later x

14 comments:

  1. Good evening Colleen! I do agree with u even though I love surprises so if there is also some gifts I am very happy too!:P Btw, ur wellness gift guide is very cool, those are things Id enjoy as well. I need kettlebells too even though I only use the 4kg ones, too much otherwise!:P Also love the active-wear, especially the sneakers. Hope u have a good week ahead my dear, hugs! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to treat myself to some heavier kettlebells I think, as mine are not heavy enough! x

      Delete
  2. Hi colleen, love your wellness list of goodies-my fav ones ate of caurse the books:) I am an oldschool girl who cooks by books and not by searching the net. wishing you great holidays and a successful shopping strolls!! kisses

    http://rosdays.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting that you prefer to cook using recipe books rather than the internet, I'm the opposite and use my books as kitchen accessories hee hee!

      Delete
  3. Dear Colleen! I loved the agreement you have in your family! I am always telling people that not buying presents for the sake of one particular date is better, but no one listens to me :) Anyway, I am democratic, so the majority wins, of course. So, presents get kind of repeated, it's difficult to change a lot - but this year I managed to buy a book to one of my brothers, that deals with health. My 2 brothers are super healthy and work out and they are always telling me off for eating bad things :) Well, I have changed a lot already, and in the past I didn't like kitchenware at all. But some years ago I got crazy about it and you will find me happy going to a department store and losing myself around kitchenware shelves :) It's good to change!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes yes, me too, love the kitchenware department!

      Delete
  4. Dear Colleen. The agreement with your friends and family is a good idea. We try this every year, but no one sticks to it. ;)
    Your wishlist is a perfect list for an athletic, nutrition woman. I cross the fingers someone special will read your post. If someone special read my comment: i wish something blingbling in a little blue box. Tiffany!! ;)
    Have a nice week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha yes yes and if I'm honest I would much prefer a Tiffany trinket over any of my gift guide items any day! x

      Delete
  5. I only get for family but I also get something for myself!!! I might get a spiral thingy to try and made coleslaw that's pretty! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never forget about yourself when Christmas shopping lol and so I'd recommend treating yourself to a spiralizer! x

      Delete
  6. amazing compilation dear....I would love to get the 4th one as a gift :-)

    http://www.crazyaboutcolors.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha yes I think that's everyone's favourite - certainly mine!

      Delete
  7. Dear Colleen, in my personal environment we have a similar agreement like you have - only the children get gifts and if possible also my husband :) And for me it is the same like you, I would be happy to get what you suggest here. Especially the active wear would be highly welcome!
    Hopefully you are well and you enjoy the Advent time so far.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super blog and your presenting style about the Recognition that's are very appreciated good work.
    Recognition

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx