Sunday, December 20, 2015

ACHIEVING 10,000 STEPS

Shopping is my preferred way



I usually reserve Friday mornings for the gym or a park run, but when my friend asked me to accompany her for a spot of early morning Christmas shopping in Birmingham, it didn't take much convincing for me to forgo the usual workout.

I merrily swapped out of my active-wear and into my new comfy, flat Kurt Geiger Chelsea boots as I knew I’d be doing lots of walking. Don’t overlook walking as a form of exercise; walking can contribute towards your recommended 150 minutes of exercise per week, and this is partly how I justified not going for a park run *wink*. I challenged myself to ensure I reached 10,000 steps during the shopping trip by keeping an eye on my phone’s step counter - an app I downloaded after I lost my last pedometer. My friend didn't appreciate being dragged up and down the stairs instead of being able to take the lifts or escalators, but hey this was my Friday workout!

We reached the shops well before the crowds, which I appreciated, and we fuelled up on a delicious breakfast at Bill's, a rustic-style restaurant that has very recently opened in Birmingham’s Bullring. Whilst she shopped for presents, I observed the festivities and the décor that adorned the city centre and, as always, I took the opportunity to admire the latest bags and shoes on my wish-list – hopefully they won’t be wish-list items for long!

I captured the day on Snapchat, my new favourite social media platform. If you’re a Snapchatter, you can find me at ‘forcailini’, if not you can just continue to scroll through my blog posts.












Have a lovely Christmas you lovely lot!

Later x

15 comments:

  1. Good evening Colleen! Oh, Christmas shopping in Birmingham must be dreamy! Im just enchanted by all the decorations and stuff, Im sure you had an amazing time with ur friend while she shopped. And u know, u did well to also took advantage to count your steps, I have to do the same when Im out in the town. Ur new Chelsea boots are so stylish and refined, I see how comfy they are too! Merry Christmas my friend, have a great and cheerful time! Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Collen, I see that Christmas shopping in Birmingham is absolutely wonderful! And you have even a German booth with original German words :) Congratulations to your wonderful new shoes - and you are not alone with counting your steps, my husband is doing at the moment exactly the same :)
    Have a happy Christmas week!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah well I have no idea what the German words mean though! x

      Delete
    2. Glockenspiel = Chime
      Glühwein = Mulled wine
      Merry Christmas!
      xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
      International Time-Related Giveaway: Bad News and More
      www.dressedwithsoul.com

      Delete
  3. Dear Colleen, again thank you for this lovely post, for me to see "my" beloved Birmingham again and Christmas decoration there! Also for telling me that 150 min a week are a good amount of exercising. I used to count my steps in the past, but now I am not anymore, what I soon need to change. I am glad to inform that now I have a total loss of 5kg :) It already made a difference on energy and jeans :) Thank you for your support! By the way, I loved the boots! And Merry Christmas too!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always brings a smile to my face to hear of your progress Denise, thank you for sharing and keep up the good work. One of your goals for the New Year can be a focus on increasing your physical activity for general health. Warmest wishes.....x

      Delete
  4. Dear Colleen,
    The pictures looks like a great shopping day with your friend. Birningham looks very nice at Christmas season. Your comfy shoes are made for walking. I love these boots. Kurt Geiger has fantastic shoes, I like this brand.
    You do right to skip your workout. This must sometimes happen. We are humans. ;)
    Have a relaxed pre-Christmas time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Kurt Geiger is definitely my go to shoe brand when I want to make a reasonably priced purchase! x

      Delete
  5. i singed up for snapchat but have no idea so got rid of it - is it like instagram that disappears? what the hell is it and why is it different? yes shopping is great exercise too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snapchat: raw, unfiltered video footage of people's lives in 24 hours, which, yes disappears after the 24 hours. I shouldn't enjoy it as much as I do, but what can I say it keeps me entertained when I'm travelling or waiting for clients! x

      Delete
  6. Hey girl! Just wanted to send you my warmest Christmas greetings! Thank you for another year. Here's to 2016! Love 'em shoes xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely and yes here's to 2016! xxx

      Delete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx