Sunday, January 03, 2016

2016

Wishing us all Good Health, Happiness & Success.....

I will reign in my spending, I will take up yoga, I will stop eating sweets, blah blah blah………yes these are all things I've considered doing in 2016, but I know these unrealistic, puritanical resolutions would be doomed to be abandoned by February or March. I concede, New Year’s resolutions are perhaps a little cliché and old-fashioned now (oh dear I’m making myself sound old), and they’re often over-ambitious, however, regardless of your views on this annual tradition, there’s no denying that the beginning of January can be an inspirational and reflectional time of year, and can lay the foundation to make some significant changes. Even if you don’t make resolutions per se, I think many people at least consider/reconsider their goals and intentions for the New Year ahead - I know I do!

I don’t personally tend to start the year with restrictive ‘resolutions’, however, I was recently reminded about the idea of a vision board, which is a board filled with images, words, quotes and statements that visually represent what you would like to attract to your life. I had been encouraged to do one specifically for my business, but not  for my life, therefore completion of my lifestyle vision board is on my things-to-do list for this month; it’s an organised, chaotic work-in-progress at the moment, and the ‘visions’ focus on three central themes of good health, happiness and success: I intend to continue to look for exciting approaches to improve my health; I’m aiming to continue focusing more on acknowledging and being grateful for the positive things in my life, whilst creating new opportunities for happiness; and I aspire to continue to develop myself personally and professionally so that I can be successful at whatever I put my mind to, and yes, be in a position to indulge in a few more materialistic things *wink*. All I can say is it’s a good job I've got 12 months!!

As well as a vision board, I've also decided to keep a memory jar again this year, because, well, I don’t tend to document all my happy memories and experiences on social media or my blog, so I’ll need some other easy, accessible place to store them.



Happy New Year! x

3 comments:

  1. Good evening dear Colleen! And a very Happy New Year! May 2016 bring you lots of happiness, health, success and only the best! I agree with you, you already know Im not used to do a list of resolutions but definitely you inspired me to make a vision board of everything Id love to get or improve this year, not much different from ur goals :) And the jar idea is way too nice, it will be soo filled!:) Have a good week ahead, many kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. wishing you all the best for 2015 Colleen! I haven't done that in ages. It might be fun to do and see what materializes because I haven't had time to even sort my house out truth be told xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Colleen,
    I'm also not a big fan for new year resolutions. If I like to do something new or chance, I do it immediately. But I'm sure for some people new year resolutions are very helpful and an extra kick. The idea of you jar is very nice. May this helps or is a pretty nice decoration. :)
    Wish you a wonderful 2016, full with love and laughing

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx