Sunday, January 17, 2016

DAYLESFORD FARM

A mecca for healthy foodies


Health–related goals tend to be quite popular among people with New Year resolutions; resolutions concerning weight, diet, exercise and smoking cessation are reported to be at the top of turn-of-the-calendar objectives for both sexes - you’d be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't have a diet or fitness-related aspiration on their 2016 list, right?

One of my diet-related goals for this year, as I mentioned in my previous post, is to draw more inspiration from plant-based recipes when testing out meal ideas. Inspiration can come from recipe books, social media, television, food stores and restaurants. With regards to the latter, a couple of my friends and I often complain about the limited options that Birmingham has to offer when it comes to healthy dining. In comparison to London, our wellness scene hasn't yet quite evolved; unfortunately we don’t have local access to healthy eateries such as, The Good Food Eatery, The Mae Deli, Whole Foods London or Daylesford Farm.

Talking of Daylesford Farm, I visited the flagship store in Gloucester recently, which is a little nearer to home than London, but still far enough to deter me from visiting regularly. Daylesford is an award winning organic farm and farm shop (not that I advocate necessarily buying organic), which prides itself on selling seasonal, locally sourced, fresh food and being one of the most sustainable organic farms in the UK. I’d previously been to their London Marylebone café for lunch , however, just after the New Year I decided to take advantage of the winter sunshine and drive into the country and make an afternoon of visiting their Cotswold venue. 

It's a great little place for stocking your kitchen cupboards with fresh, quality produce, but if one of your resolutions is also to curb your spending, you may have to break that resolution for one day for a trip to Daylesford, like I did!











Wearing: Camel Coat, Asos;  High waist cropped trousers, Zara; Shoes, Zara

Later x

9 comments:

  1. Morning Colleen! The area where u live is always full of lovely farms and markets where finding quality and healthy food. This one looks truly nice and Im also impressed by their cutest decor. U did well to visit it and you were also very stylish with ur ootd, that camel coat is simply great and u look wonderful! Have a good week Colleen, hugs! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lilli; always searching out new places to visit! x

      Delete
  2. Thankfully it is subsidized by a wealthy family because I wonder if it makes any money but it is a lovely concept and I liked the drive there and they have lovely pubs near there too! there is one near my house in London but I tend to go to Planet organic instead but I love having that option! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have so much choice in London; very envious! x

      Delete
  3. Dear Colleen,
    these places looks really intersting. Healthy food markets comes more and more. People want healthy food. I have such a place just 5 minutes from my house. This is very pleasantly. Such a supermarket is stimulating for the senses.
    You look fantastic in this camel coat. A perfect timeless pieces. I really like your style. Have a nice week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cla and you're lucky to have a similar place so close to home!

      Delete
  4. Hi dear! I like your blog! You're beautiful and amazing! I took my new blog. I would be very pleased if you find time to appreciate it! Thank you! Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only cook when the Mr can't. Hahahaha. Or when I have to cook exotic dishes which he can't. For someone who's not crazy about cooking, I love food and ingredients shopping. And I love places such as this. I find myself being very pretentious (hahahaha) but I genuinely derive pleasure from shopping for raw ingredients that a loved one will cook. My contribution is arranging them at home. And of course, eating them. Have a lovely weekend...soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more, I too actually prefer the food and the act of shopping for ingredients more than the cooking. It is a little pretentious (right up my street ha ha) - even spotted a celebrity while I was there! xx

      Delete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx