Sunday, January 24, 2016

FAVOURITE THINGS

Seeing me through January


As a nutritionist, you can probably appreciate that January is a particularly busy time of year for me. Added to this, me being a “yes” girl - who can’t often say no to things be it personal or professional due to FOMO - I’m surprised I've even had chance to compose this blog post, however proclaiming that I don’t have enough time to blog is pretty pitiful given I only blog once a week, so here it is: this week’s blog post all about a few (five actually) of my favourite things seeing me through this eventful January.

*Potable Mobile Phone Charger


My job does involve a lot of national travel (I’m working on getting it to feature international travel!!!) and whilst I enjoy driving locally I’m not a fan of driving on motorways and in areas I’m not familiar; consequently I could spend part of my working day on a train. We all know the frustrating issue of trying to conserve battery power on your phone whilst in transit, especially at the end of the day, which is why I invested in this handy portable mobile phone charger, which has saved me on quite a few occasions!

*iPad


Although I've had my iPad for a while now, it’s still one of my favourite things because I’m not one of those people who can do work on a train; I prefer to sleep, scroll through social media or surf the web looking at fashion and health-related items, and since putting down a deposit on another property (exciiiiited!!), my enthusiasm for interior design websites has been re-ignited too -  the iPad allows me to enjoy all this whilst travelling throughout the working day

*Headband
Those of you who have been following me for a while will know I love my hats for three main reasons: they add interest to an average outfit; they’re a practical accessory for those cold days; and they hide a bad hair day. The problem with the type of hats I wear is that you can’t shove them in a bag when you get to your client or the office, and I’m likely to forget it if I put it down anywhere else, so when I stumbled upon this UGG head band, I knew I was justified in buying another piece of headwear - it’s actually warmer than my hats too

*Thrice Rice Mix


Oh my goodness this thrice rice mix, (consisting of wild, brown, and red rice) is so delicious and of course healthy; it’s got this nutty texture and flavour, which suits my palate and taste, and it's equally as delicious cold. Whenever I cook it, I always make a double batch so I can use the leftovers in a salad the next day, which then takes care of the need to decide what to have lunch.

*Kettlebell


My cousin bought me a set of kettlebells for Christmas, which I keep in my bedroom for convenience and as a reminder to fit in some muscle strengthening home workouts – I can’t remember the last time I went to the gym!


What are some of your favourite things this month?

Later x

8 comments:

  1. Good evening Colleen! Oh, I can imagine how busy January has been for u, lets hope for some rest soon. Those things are all so cool, cant live without my ipad mini either, always with me! That headband suits u so so well, love to wear mine too, warmer and more practical. Kettlebells are very useful, but I do always use 4kg:PP Have a nice week ahead Colleen, hugs! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't mind it being busy, I'd rather be busy than too quiet ha ha x

      Delete
  2. Phone charger that does on efull charge. My brother had one on a ski trip once where the bus broke down and he must have 10 people owing him huge favours for letting them ramp up their battery for a quick call and email. I am loving my shawls as they just give me warmth and a feeling of being snug. Am considering a laptop bc even though I have a phone and ipad it just is slowing me down somehow and it must be the new age of tech? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I couldn't live without my laptop, that's what I use most out of all my gadgets x

      Delete
  3. Ah, what a lovely picture of you, dear Colleen. You look wonderful with this headband.
    I alos prefer traveling with a train. So i have time for working for my blog. An ipad and a powerbank is very important for me. In my house i take the ipad with me from room to room. Even in my bathroom. ;)
    i croos the fingers,the next month ist not full of stress for you. Wi you a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That made me giggle about taking your iPad to the bathroom, ha ha x

      Delete
  4. Lovely UGG headband aside, I'm very interested in the thrice mix rice. I'm Asian, so rice is staple although I do my best not to have it all the time. And the word thrice, which I believe is American, which when I first used here wasn't understood. Hahaha. Looking at the kettle ball, I'm reminded of my tendonitis --the reason I haven't been gone to my classes. I need to let the inflammation subside so I can go back to VeraFlow. I used part of my Emirates rewards to get a powerbank. I need it for my mobile and maybe my new bluetooth headphones. In reply to your comment in my last post, YES! Let's meet up in London in spring/summer. Please let me know. I will private-message you. I look forward to that. Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can't wait my lovely - let's aim for April maybe - sooner the better I say! Excited already! x

      Delete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx