Sunday, February 14, 2016

THESE OLD THINGS

I'm not fickle


I realised the other day that it’s been a while since I had published an outfit post; given my NutriShion business and this blog is about combining my two passions of fashion and health I thought it was high time I put myself on the other side of my Canon EOS, and I guess doing a style post coincides quite nicely with the start of the fashion weeks, albeit this outfit is a far cry from the pap-worthy #NYFW get-ups you’ll find as you scroll through Instagram.

Whilst I don’t tend to make New Year resolutions per se, I did set myself a few goals for 2016, one of which was to limit unnecessary spending on new wardrobe pieces as I've got more important things to spend on this year. I’m pleased to say that up until today, when I bought another pair of over-the-knee boots (eeeek!), I had succeeded with not disbursing a single penny on fashion/style merchandise; so all you see in today’s outfit are probably pieces you have seen in my previous posts: a classic ensemble of a black polo neck, black jeans and the ubiquitous camel coat, all of which I have been wearing for the past couple of years. My wardrobe does consist of some trend pieces (notice the ripped denim), but I predominantly opt for clothes that are less trend-led and more timeless and minimalist so I can confidently wear them from year to year, especially when I’m trying to curb my spending habits (ahem!) – on clothes, not food!

How much shopping have you been doing so far this year! 

Wearing: Coat, Asos;   -   Jeans, Topshop;   -  Scarf, Alexander McQueen @ Selfridges;  -   Boots, Kurt Geiger @ Selfridges; - Bag, Mulberry Lily @ House of Fraser;  - Shopper bag, Superdrug




Later x

7 comments:

  1. Morning Colleen! Im really glad to see a new outfit from you! And yes, I opt for the same kind of clothes as well, or at least I try! You just look amazing, Im in love with the coat and the booties, both pieces are a winter must-have. You are always so glam and stylish! Hope u have a good week, hugs! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be incorrigible, but I am much better on spending now. Not perfect, but better. We really have so many things, it;s even a bit of a "sin" to spend when we don't need, but having said so, we live in a consumerist society, and it's hard not to spend on unnecessary things - so, thumbs up to you, you are doing great! Another inspiration point for me! I have never seen you more beautiful than now - I looove your hair style and your coat, plus boots and trousers! The bob is also cool, but I really loved this style and I think you REALLY look stunning!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Colleen, nice to see a outfit post of you. I really like your style. You look always casual chic.
    I try to make a shopping diet too, but this is not so early. It's love chocolate for me. My body need it. But I'm working on it. Again and again. What I do, I try to buy timeless pieces with good quality. Like your camel coat. You look amazing in your outfit.
    Have a fantastic week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so great, I love this style :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same here! You still look great even though you recycled older clothes. Maybe wearing your hair au naturel made the difference. Trying not to spend on clothes as well. In fact, I'm editing to see which I can give away. I've sold some pieces I don't use. We need the money, so show us the money! Hahahaha. Have a lovely weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laser hair removal in Birmingham is the most on the go method of hair removal approachable today. It is as well as much gentler than IPL treatments or waxing. Laser hair removal costs in Birmingham are low sufficient to deed most pockets, and treatment is ample for all body areas. These treatments are provided using discordant edge technology and sufficiently trained staff who follow all vital safety regulations. http://rejuven8skinclinic.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx