Sunday, April 03, 2016

APRIL THOUGHTS

Time for reflection?


Sometimes you wake up on a weekend morning, with the sun spilling through the gaps in the curtains, the cosy duvet still snugly wrapped around your well-rested body and your phone positioned just how you left it on the bedside table the night before, and instead of the usual ritual of checking the barrage of emails on waking, you just lie there for 15 minutes……..contemplating, considering, reflecting - yep that’s what I did on Saturday morning after it hit me that it was the 2nd April! Can you believe we are entering the second quarter of 2016? Okay, that sounds like I’m about to discuss the financials of a business, but April is already upon us and it really doesn't seem so long ago that I was writing a January post about 2016 goals! If you’re somewhat of a goal-setter like me, it’s possible that you have used this past weekend to reflect on the previous 3 months and are focusing on what the remaining months of the year have in store. I consulted my vision board and then took some time after my park run to embrace the view, the sunshine and the warmer temperatures whilst engaging in ruminant thought about life, and allowing my mind to wander, uninterrupted.

Happy April!


10 comments:

  1. Oh don't! It's a third gone of 2016 and I've just chased my tail and things keep coming up preventing me from achieving my goals. Goals that mind you I was supposed to set but haven't gotten around to it!!!! Exercise being one but stress prevents me even though I know it's helpful to fight it. Here's to the remaining. Part of the year for action! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well all that gardening should hopefully relieve some stress and get you exercising more x

      Delete
  2. Good evening Colleen! Well, its exactly what I did this morning, I get u very well! Cant believe either, seems time is flying, and seems more fastly this year. Im trying to follow a different path and still dont know how good I am on making different my life and aiming those goals, at least Im trying and just embracing what each singular day offers. Happy April to u too! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, sometimes you've just got to live each day as it comes x

      Delete
  3. Happy 4th of April! I did the same on April Fools' Day. Hahaha. My routine's getting back to normal so I'm back to commenting and saying hello to everyone. I can't believe it's already April. I really can't keep up sometimes. I didn't see your vision board before. Where have I been? So, let's agree to work on our vision more during the 2nd quarter of 2016. Hopefully I'll also see you soon! Have a lovely week xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a deal and yes we will definitely meet soon! x

      Delete
  4. Very intereesting dear Colleen. I got similar thoughts these days. The time is running. I feel like christmas is over since a few days. On the other side i wish it would be june.
    Oh no this is not right. At june we are 2 month older. So lets enjoy every moment. Sorry, ikm a little bit melancholicle today. ;) Wish you a great week dear Colleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes ha ha I don't want to wish my life away. I'm not looking forward to being a year older yet! x

      Delete
  5. Hi, dear Colleen! Well, I am also amazed - the pace of life is so much faster these days... and now it's April 5th. OMG. Well, I often ponder, contemplate... but after all, that's how life is, thinking of this and that, getting to conclusions, starting new ventures... I didn't really set goals... maybe just not to put on weight, after the more than 5 kg I lost :) I am eating more fruit now, which is not typical me, but I am liking it :) Maybe that should be a permanent goal :) I hope you have a beautiful April and nice weather!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great news about the weight loss and increased fruit intake Denise - keep it up, that's your goal, just to keep it up x

      Delete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx