Sunday, May 08, 2016

BIRMINGHAM INSTAGRAM WALK

Comfy shoes and DSLR in tow

The mere suggestion of visiting another city, whether it be within your home country or abroad, always conjures up feelings of excitement and adventure. We are always quick to want to explore other destinations but often neglect what is potentially the best place on Earth – home! So, when I received details about a Birmingham Instagram Meetup ( I run a Birmingham WellnessMeetup for health enthusiasts)  - a Meetup organised for the people of Birmingham to spend some time exploring the City and snapping Kodak moments along the way – I decided to sign up and go along;  it’s just nice to be reminded of and appreciate what your own town has to offer sometimes.

Comfy shoes and the DSLR and iPhone in tow, we walked around Brindley Place, a large mixed-use development in the Westside district of Birmingham. It was such a lovely opportunity to meet new people, and to clock up a few extra steps on the fitness monitor.








Later x

9 comments:

  1. Good evening Colleen! Oh, what a lovely idea! Wish they organized something similar also here, is a good opportunity indeed not only to discover more about ur city and place, also to meet new people who share ur interests. Colleen, you were so dashing and stylish, Im in love with ur oufit and ur smily is the best!:) Have a great week ahead, hugs! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw thanks Lilli and it is a lovely initiative x

      Delete
  2. Birmingham looks great! But I do think it is an underappreciated and underpublicized city in the UK - here it seems to be very much London centric so this is a lovely idea x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too, but I have to say London does deserve its merits - Birmingham is just slowly getting there! x

      Delete
  3. It's really so nice and your pictures are great! I mean all of them and also the group one! Knowing new people is always so good and exploring "home" is definitely nice - and Birmingham is lovely! I like to walk through it, too, and this year, when back home, I will definitely walk around more! Thanks for the inspiration, dear Colleen, I love reading about your Birmingham walks!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise and I agree, exploring your home turf is always a nice thing to do occasionally x

      Delete
  4. Dear Colleen, this is a great idea and a fantastic way to discover new places in your own hometown. I would like to do the same in my city. This is a chance to find more details of some places, because other people see the same things with other eye. (Sorry for this confusion sentence. I hope you understand what I mean). ;)
    Stan Smith are made for walking. :) Wish you a nice week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand what you mean and yes the Stans were one of my most comfortable pair of shoes to wear for a morning of walking x

      Delete
  5. Hey, just wanted to say hello. Haven't been on Bloglovin for a while. That's a very interesting meet-up :) I have the same trainers (but with navy blue detail at the back) and camera. I should take a photo. Hope you're having a good week so far xx

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx