Sunday, June 12, 2016

BRITISH SUMMERTIME

Umbrellas to the ready!


They call it a typical British Summer, and it arrived with a vengeance this week bringing relentless torrential rainfall, roaring thunder storms and uncomfortably muggy weather together with intermittent spells of very warm sunshine. It’s playing havoc with my decision-making when it comes to choosing an outfit, but I’m not going to be defeated by the British summertime; I refuse to resort back to my autumn/winter wardrobe and transitional pieces for the sake of a miserable weather forecast. It’s annoying enough that I can only wear my sandals and sleeveless tops for a few months of the year, without having to swap back to jumpers and closed-toe shoes during the month of June. So, when the meteorological conditions allow (i.e. it’s not overly cold or pouring with rain), I don my summer attire, hope for the best and ensure I’m carrying the essential transitional accessories: sunglasses and a large umbrella – such a juxtaposition!

Wearing: Sandals, Aldo;  Shirt, Warehouse;   Jeans, Zara;  Bag, Mulberry






Later x

9 comments:

  1. Hello Colleen! I know what u mean, this weather is making everyone crazy! Even here yday was pretty warm but then all of a sudden a storm started and rained heavily! Btw, u look very glam and gorgeous in ur OOTD, love the bag and the sandals, I just need a stylish umbrella as urs! Have a good week ahead dear, hugs! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha the umbrella is not that stylish, I actually have my eye on a much more stylish one x

      Delete
  2. you look gorgeous! your arms make me envious. I like simple white and jeans look. I can't wait to get a tan and i am going to start working out this year. just because i was reminded thatone loses muscle naturally after 40 so it is now a matter of health. I am now just trying to accept the weather because i have pollen to fight!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I will look forward to a post on your new workout routine Naomi! X

      Delete
  3. I loved the sandals, dear Colleen, and the jeans and top as well! The bag is superb! Loved the color! The right accesspries : umbrella and sunnies! Yes, the weather can play tricks, so it's good that you are well prepared! I hope that you can wear sandals and sleeveless tops up to August! But the weather has changed in the whole world, so we now never know what we will face the next day!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I can wear sandals and sleeveless tops until mid September! X

      Delete
  4. Same here dear Colleen.
    Since day we have much raining and storn every day. ANd from oone moment to the other, the sun comes out. A little bit like April.
    You look fantastic in out outfit. The denim Sandals a pretty nice together with your pants. And what i eally love too, is your very big umprella. A perfect accessoires for a date. ;) Have a great Week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it certainly does feel like April! X

      Delete
  5. This outfit is awesome!
    Have a nice week-end!
    Gil Zetbase
    http://gilzetbase.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx