Sunday, August 14, 2016

BREAKFAST ON THE GO

Homemade



When I first bought my collection of Mason and preserving jars, I only ever intended for them to be a container for beautifully storing my starchy staples of rice, oats, pulses and pasta on my kitchen shelves, but with their clip-closure design and aroma-tight seal, I’ve found them increasingly useful for my homemade breakfasts on the go.

There are many reasons why people tend to grab breakfast on the go: the mornings can be hectic for some and so they may not have the time or inclination to eat breakfast at home; if you have to wake up ridiculously early for work or to get a train, for example, you may not have an appetite for breakfast at that time of the morning and therefore choose to eat a little later; some people prefer to eat a light breakfast such as fruit or fast before their morning workout and then fuel up after their exercise session. Whatever your reason, sometimes breakfast on the go can be an advantageous option.

When you hear the statement ‘breakfast on the go’, it can conjure up thoughts of a sugary breakfast bar, a powdery meal replacement drink or a shop bought fat-filled pastry but my favourite breakfasts on the go are homemade. It’s rare that I don’t have breakfast at home, however, for me personally I can’t eat too early, so the mornings when I have to get up at silly o’clock, I tend to quickly throw all my usual favourite breakfast ingredients into my jar and take it with me, then I’ll either have it later at my desk at work or on the train – in today’s jar I have Greek yoghurt, sugar-free muesli, fresh berries, dried goji berries, mixed seeds and almond butter . This certainly helps me to refrain from dipping into my purse to purchase a chocolate-filled croissant, although I do succumb sometimes!

What would you throw into your jar?






Later x

11 comments:

  1. I am having such a breakfast rut lately - i dont' like wester breakfast food but i have no inclination to cook a proper warm breakfast. People are saying i should stop being so stubborn and eat the type of breakfast you have - but what do you do with almond butter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of warm breakfasts at this time of year to be fair. Try lots of things though, this is just one of many breakfasts I have. Regarding the almond butter, see my post here http://forcailini.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/5-easy-ways-to-enjoy-almond-butter.html x

      Delete
  2. Dear Colleen,
    i´m a typ of perso who need a breakfast before i leave the house. I need something to eat for my bloodstream. And a few ours later my body want a snack again.
    The Idea with such a jar is practical. Also for my fresh fruit snack.
    And btw your bag is so nice. Wish you a fantastic week. It´s alway a pleasure to see you on snapchat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cla and yes i'm a snack person too. I struggle with just 3 meals a day x

      Delete
  3. First of all, I love preserving jars - I don't know why, maybe because of a vintage feel, though it is still modern. I like the clip-closure and how it preserves flavour! I loved what you have in your jar - you are right, many times, when I ate chocolate, I grabbed a bar of chocolate (or a croissant, whatever I found with chocolate :) Now I would have yoghurt, granola and strawberries! I am still far from eating in a healthy way, but I certainly changed a lot and it is good! Little by little! Hope you have a nice week,Colleen!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love the jars for decor and practical use too. Little changes along the way add up to big changes eventually so keep at it! x

      Delete
  4. Good evening Colleen! I see this kind of jars is becoming popular and Id like to get a similar one too, not just for an "on the got" breakfast but even for my snaks, even at the gym. Is very useful and honesly havent thought of it before, Id put something similar to urs too, love Greek yogurth and eat it regularly. Hope ur week is going fine dear, many kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could inspire you Lilli, thank you x

      Delete
  5. Hello Colleen, it looks delicious!!! You have a lovely blog! Thank you so much for sharing and warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you or your kind words Linda and for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  6. Hi Colleen, I wanted to add that I love your photo and outfit! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx