Sunday, September 04, 2016

A HOUSEWARMING GIFT

to myself

 
Wow, I think I underestimated how time-consuming and energy-sapping (both mentally and physically) moving house could be. I got the keys on the 19 August, and with my day-to-day job coupled with my desire to achieve as close to house perfection as quickly as possible, I haven’t really stopped, and I certainly have not had the inclination to maintain my weekly blogging schedule, especially since I only had Wi-Fi installed two days ago, so apologies for being MIA. I think I’m nearly there with everything now though, and whilst I was about  to put my feet up with some Baileys and Guylian chocolate, I thought I had better make my way up to my partially decorated office and get typing this week’s blog post.

I’ve received some lovely cards, flowers and bottles of bubbly as housewarming gifts, however, I also decided to treat myself to a housewarming gift: an Assouline recipe book. I have quite a few recipe books, which I tend to store in any vacant kitchen cupboard space I can find, but I always knew that once I bought my new house, I wanted to be able to display a slightly more premium luxury recipe book on my kitchen worktop, as part of the décor if you will.  My friend introduced me to the Assouline brand, so when I was next in London I decided to have a peek around their Piccadilly-based store and stumbled on their Food & Life book; the chic look and indulgent feel of it was exactly what I was looking for and that was just the outside cover. I’m yet to try any of the seemingly delicious, healthy recipes I’ve skimmed through, for now it just has its pride of place in my almost completed kitchen corner.




Later x

6 comments:

  1. Good evening Colleen! Hope you are doing well. Oh this sounds very interesting, Id like to get it too since I would be very curious to try and know more recipes. The cover looks very chic and luxury indeed. Hope u have a great week ahead, hugs! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very luxurious, I hope it stays that way in my kitchen ha! x

      Delete
  2. COngrats on moving house! I do love Assouline and am sure you will make escargots minus the spicy broth!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you know me too well that I won't be making the spicy broth and it's unlikely I'll be making the escargots either, but there's certainly many others I'll try x

      Delete
  3. This Food & Life book is really so nice, I am sure that all the recipes are amazing! It does look beautiful, the pages inside too! And so nice that you got beautiful presents, congratulations for the new home! Moving is certainly exhausting, I am glad that your kitchen is almost ready! Hope you have a nice week and can relax a bit!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise and I will be doing just that! x

      Delete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx