Sunday, September 11, 2016

COUCH TO 5K

 Let's sweat!

It’s easy to make excuses not to exercise, right? I’m too tired, I’m too busy, it’s too expensive, I’m in the middle of moving house, the latter being my most recent excuse in the past few weeks. I’ll admit, my usual exercise regime has suffered whilst uplifting myself from one dwelling to another and I’ve really only got my mojo back in the past week: I’ve located my workout apparel, unpacked the weights and resistance bands from their boxes and reassembled the home treadmill, so this week I was back on form. It can be difficult, however, to get motivated once you have been shaken out of your usual fitness routine, but I find looking for inspiration, setting goals and identifying new challenges always helps.

In the past week and a half, it’s almost like the inspiration, goals and challenges have all come at once. First we hit a new month, which is always a motivational time for me both personally and professionally; this month in particular is my birthday month and I know how increasingly important exercise is as you get older, physically, mentally and aesthetically so there’s some extra impetus to get your sweat on right there. Then, I stumbled upon Kanye West’s latest video, Fade, which features Teyana Taylor whose body is just #goals, so that also inspired me to get moving and lifting again. And then finally, Boohoo.com kindly invited me to join the Couch to 5K challenge, which really did come at the right time because whilst a lot of people might want to surrender to the couch as the darker nights draw in and the temperature gets that bit cooler, the Couch to 5K campaign can challenge and motivate you to get off the couch, get your kicks on and go for a run, which y’all know I love doing when I’m not running on the treadmill.

As a little added fitness incentive, Boohoo allowed me to choose some stylish pieces from their latest active-wear collection as part of their campaign to combine fitness and fashion, what I often hashtag as FitFashion. Some of you will know that I’m reluctant to spend a lot of money on fitness-wear that gets sweaty and grubby in 5 minutes, as I prefer to save the pounds for lavish bags and shoes, however, I’m not willing to compromise on style and comfort when working out, so I’ll always appreciate when I come across an active-wear brand that offers stylish pieces at affordable prices!

Find out more about the Couch to 5K campaign and see how you can be running 5K in 30 minutes within 9 weeks. Let’s Sweat!

Wearing: Vest ,C/O Boohoo.com; Crop-top, C/O Boohoo.comLeggings , C/O Boohoo.com   Trainers: Stella McCartney x Adidas









Later x

9 comments:

  1. Morning Colleen! Couldnt pick a better person than you for this campaign, u definitely rock! The whole suit just looks gorgeous on u, loving everything and I wish I had the same stuff for my workout! Sure u inspire a lot and the photos are just mesmerizing. Have a good week ahead, hugs! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boohoo is a great brand and this Couch to 5k campaign is excellent, dear Colleen! I admit, year after year, I know how important it is to exercise and I don't have excuses, just the fact that I... confess, I don't like it... shame on me, I know... well, actually I like to walk, to dance... but not to lift weights, etc. I need posts like yours, that show the importance of execising and inspire us! You look amazing! This outfit is great, really comfy and beautiful! And you are always gorgeous! So, this is your birthday month! I hope it's a great month for you!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. weights isn't for everyone and I think it's only recently that 'girls' are getting more into weights, but walking and dancing, things you enjoy, is definitely a great start Denise x

      Delete
  3. Dear Colleen, I miss this post. Bloglovin doesn't show me your new post. I thought may you a busy with your new home. :)
    I never hear about Boohoo. I too, a view of the side: a great brand and you just perfect for this campaign.
    At the moment I'm not so activ, because my body is restricted. But I can't wait to start with my sport routine again. I'm like a restless tiger in his cage. My motivation are sporty people like you. Have a great week dear Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always find it amazing how easy it is to break free from your fitness routine and how difficult it is to take it up. It's just not fair if you think about it! ;o)

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Colleen, I hope you are fine! I know you are busy, so I'd like to wish you now a wonderful new year! May you enjoy the new year's eve party, if you celebrate it, and I wish you luck, fun, health, success! Happy new year and thank you for all the support you have given to me, always!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great entry, happy new year !🌲🌲

    ReplyDelete

Hey....I'd love to see your comments, and given one of my pastimes is reading other people's blogs, I'd love for you to leave your URL if you have one too. Later xx